Thursday, September 8, 2016
Total No. of Questions : 09
B.Tech. (ECE/ETE) (Sem.–3)
ANALOG DEVICES AND CIRCUITS
Subject Code : BTEC-301 (2011 Batch)
Paper ID : [A1130]
Time : 3 Hrs.
INSTRUCTION TO CANDIDATES :
1. SECTION-A is COMPULSORY consisting of TEN questions carrying
TWO marks each.
2. SECTION-B contains FIVE questions carrying FIVE marks each and
students has to attempt any FOUR questions.
3. SECTION-C contains THREE questions carrying TEN marks each and
students has to attempt any TWO questions.
l. Write briefly :
(a) What are the advantages of Complimentary Symmetry Amplifier?
(b) What is a Zener diode? Draw its V-I characteristics?
(c) Why two transistors are used in a Wein Bridge Oscillator?
(d) Why do we need three RC networks for a phase - shift oscillator?
(e) What is the use of Bleeder in Zener Voltage Regulator?
(f) What is PIV of a diode in a rectifier circuit?
(g) What is an Oscillator? How does it differ from amplifier?
(h) What is the advantage of Stagger tuned Amplifier?
(i) Define line regulation and load regulation.
(j) What is pinch off voltage in FET operation?
2. Describe with necessary derivations, the effect of negative feedback on the bandwidth and distortion in an amplifier.
3. Draw and explain the working of push pull class-A Amplifier. What are its advantages & disadvantages?
4. In a Hartley oscillator, the value of the capacitor in the tuned circuit is 500 pF and the two sections of coil have inductances 38H and 12H. Find the frequency of oscillations and the feedback factor .
5. Draw the structure and biasing arrangement of a UJT and explain its characteristics.
6. Find the expression for voltage gain in transistor amplifier using h-parameter in CE configuration.
7. (a) In an RC phase shift oscillator, if R1 = R2 = R3 = 200 k and C1 = C2 = C3 = 100 pF. Find the frequency of oscillations.
(b) Why fixed bias circuit is seldom used?
(c) Draw a circuit using complementary symmetry and discuss its advantages.
8. (a) Discuss enhancement and depletion MOSFET with their characteristics.
(b) The overall gain of a negative feedback amplifier is 60 dB and
attenuation provided by network is 80 dB. Calculate voltage gain of the amplifier without feedback.
9. Write a note on the following :
(a) Miller Effect.
(b) Discuss any transistor biasing circuit.
Roll No……….. Total No. of Questions: 07 B.Com. (Sem.-1 st ) FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING Subject Code: BCOP-101 Paper ID: [B1101] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No......................... ... Total No. of Questions : 07] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Click Here for Syllabus of B-Tech 1st Year . http://ptu.ac.in/userfiles/file/engg_syllab/1st_and_...
Business Organisation and Management, Question Paper of B.Com 1st Semester,Download Previous Years Question Paper 2Roll No…….. Total No. of Questions: 07 B.Com (Sem.-1 st ) BUSINESS ORGANIATION AND MANAGEMENT Subject Code: BCOP-102 (2011 &a...
Roll No……. Total No. of Questions:07 B.COM (Sem.-1 st ) BUSINESS MATHEMATICS SUBJECT CODE: BCOP-104 (2011 Batch) PAPER ID: ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No. ...................... Total No. of Questions : 13] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Master Of Technology (M-Tech) Syllabus SYLLABUS FOR MASTER OF TECHNOLOGY (M-Tech) Br...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Click Downlink for Dowload of Scheme and Syllabus of B.Com. Professional Batch 2011onwards ht...
B.Sc. IT (402) (S05) / 102 (New) (Sem. - 4th) BASIC MATHEMATICS – I, Punjab Technical University, PTU, Question paperpunjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No. ................. Total No. of Questions : 13] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No . ............ Total No. of Questions : 07) ...