Thursday, September 8, 2016
- Thursday, September 08, 2016
- PunjabtechnicalUniversity ajay gour
- 3rd Semester CSE74, Written and Oral Technical Communication CSE74 3rd
- No comments
Total No. of Questions : 091
WRITTEN AND ORAL TECHNICAL COMMUNICATION
SUBJECT CODE : CS - 209
Paper ID: [A04551]
Time : 03 Hours
Instruction to Candidates:
1. SECTION-A is COMPULSORY consisting of TEN questions carrying
TWO marks each.
2. SECTION-B contains FIVE questions carrying FIVE marks each and
students has to attempt any FOUR questions.
3. SECTION-C contains THREE questions carrying TEN marks each and
students has to attempt any TWO questions.
l. Write briefly :
(a) ‘‘A careful reading strategy must be adopted to enable understanding
the text.’’ Comment.
(b) Give four guidelines for effective precis writing.
(c) Two main characteristics of good essay writing.
(d) Two advantages of usage of visual aids in oral presentation.
(e) Suppose you have referred to the following book in a report. Read the information and write appropriate book reference.
H.C. Perkin’s book entitled ‘‘Air Pollution’’ published in 1974 by
McGraw Hills, New York. You have referred to pages 42 to 69.
(f) Circular and Notice.
(g) Solicited and unsolicited job application letter.
(h) Basic purpose of writing office order Memorandum.
(i) Resume and Curriculum Vitae.
(j) Routine and Special Reports.
2. How can you achieve conciseness and flow in technical writing? Explain with the help of suitable examples.
3. The Clean Food Products Ltd., Kanpur has decided to provide internet facility to all its employees. As the Managing Director of this company, draft a memo to be circulated among all the divisional heads containing the following details : The location, the number of computers to be
made available, the timing and procedure for lodging complaint if any.
4. Write five reasons why oral presentation skills could be useful to you at
present and in future.
5. Define Proposal. Explain Sales proposal and Research proposal. (1+4=5)
6. What are the necessary tenets for writing an effective precis ? Discuss.
7. Write an essay on any one of the topics given below :
(1) Indian Cinema : An escape from reality
(2) Do we deserve democracy
(3) Science and Spirituality
8. How much important are the business reports in the business world ?
Provide examples to substantiate your answer.
9. Assume that as the sales officer, Cozy Mattresses, Ajmer, you have
received a complaint from a local dealer complaining that the two dozen
mattresses sent to them have serious defects. Write an adjustment letter
refusing or accepting the claim. Provide suitable detail for your acceptance
or refusal of the claim.
Roll No……….. Total No. of Questions: 07 B.Com. (Sem.-1 st ) FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING Subject Code: BCOP-101 Paper ID: [B1101] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No......................... ... Total No. of Questions : 07] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Click Here for Syllabus of B-Tech 1st Year . http://ptu.ac.in/userfiles/file/engg_syllab/1st_and_...
Business Organisation and Management, Question Paper of B.Com 1st Semester,Download Previous Years Question Paper 2Roll No…….. Total No. of Questions: 07 B.Com (Sem.-1 st ) BUSINESS ORGANIATION AND MANAGEMENT Subject Code: BCOP-102 (2011 &a...
Roll No……. Total No. of Questions:07 B.COM (Sem.-1 st ) BUSINESS MATHEMATICS SUBJECT CODE: BCOP-104 (2011 Batch) PAPER ID: ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No. ...................... Total No. of Questions : 13] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Master Of Technology (M-Tech) Syllabus SYLLABUS FOR MASTER OF TECHNOLOGY (M-Tech) Br...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Click Downlink for Dowload of Scheme and Syllabus of B.Com. Professional Batch 2011onwards ht...
B.Sc. IT (402) (S05) / 102 (New) (Sem. - 4th) BASIC MATHEMATICS – I, Punjab Technical University, PTU, Question paperpunjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No. ................. Total No. of Questions : 13] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No . ............ Total No. of Questions : 07) ...