Tuesday, August 30, 2016
Roll No. ......................
Total No. of Questions : 09]
B. Tech. (Sem. – 3rd)
MECHANICS OF MATERIALS
SUBJECT CODE : BTAE-304
Paper ID : [A1149]
Time : 03 Hours
Instruction to Candidates:
1. SECTION-A is COMPULSORY consisting of TEN questions carrying
TWO marks each.
2. SECTION-B contains FIVE questions carrying FIVE marks each and
students has to attempt any FOUR questions.
3. SECTION-C contains THREE questions carrying TEN marks each and
students has to attempt any TWO questions.
l. Answer briefly :
(a) For what purpose cores are used in a casting process?
(b) What is the main advantage of centrifugal casting?
(c) What is the difference between welding and brazing processes ?
(d) Name two industrial applications of spot welding.
(e) What is the main difference between hot rolling and cold rolling ?
(f) What is the significance of nose angle in a single point cutting tool ?
(g) What is the difference between boring and drilling operations ?
(h) Discuss the significance of the term ‘‘centre less’’ in centre less grinding.
(i) What is the main advantage of LBM process ?
(j) What is the fundamental difference between EDM and ECM
2. What is a pattern ? Briefly discuss the various allowances associated with
3. What is SAW process? Discuss its underlying principle, benefits and
4. Discuss what is meant by deep drawing ? Discuss the main applications
and the underlying principle involved in this process.
5. What is the principle and purpose of cylindrical grinding? Discuss the
main benefit of this process.
6. Discuss the main principle, brief procedure and applications of Abrasive Water Jet Machining.
7. With a neat and labelled diagram, explain the underlying principle, procedural steps to use, advantages and limitations of sand casting process.
8. Name the various commonly occurring welding defects during the use of
electric arc welding processes. Discuss their causes and remedial measures to be adopted to eliminate them.
9. Discuss the working principle and applications of Chemical Machining
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No......................... ... Total No. of Questions : 07] ...
Roll No……….. Total No. of Questions: 07 B.Com. (Sem.-1 st ) FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING Subject Code: BCOP-101 Paper ID: [B1101] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Click Here for Syllabus of B-Tech 1st Year . http://ptu.ac.in/userfiles/file/engg_syllab/1st_and_...
Business Organisation and Management, Question Paper of B.Com 1st Semester,Download Previous Years Question Paper 2Roll No…….. Total No. of Questions: 07 B.Com (Sem.-1 st ) BUSINESS ORGANIATION AND MANAGEMENT Subject Code: BCOP-102 (2011 &a...
Roll No……. Total No. of Questions:07 B.COM (Sem.-1 st ) BUSINESS MATHEMATICS SUBJECT CODE: BCOP-104 (2011 Batch) PAPER ID: ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No. ...................... Total No. of Questions : 13] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Master Of Technology (M-Tech) Syllabus SYLLABUS FOR MASTER OF TECHNOLOGY (M-Tech) Br...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Click Downlink for Dowload of Scheme and Syllabus of B.Com. Professional Batch 2011onwards ht...
B.Sc. IT (402) (S05) / 102 (New) (Sem. - 4th) BASIC MATHEMATICS – I, Punjab Technical University, PTU, Question paperpunjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No. ................. Total No. of Questions : 13] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No . ............ Total No. of Questions : 07) ...