Monday, August 29, 2016
Total no. of Questions:09]
AUTOMOTIVE MATERIALS AND METALLURGY
SUBJECT CODE: AE-207
Instruction to Candidates:
1) Section – A is Compulsory.
2) Attempt any four question from section-B.
3) Attempt any Two questions form section –C.
a. Define what is crystallization process?
b. Discuss what are dislocation present in the structure of an alloy system.
c. Discuss the significance of phase rule.
d. Why are entectic system referred so?
e. Discuss the role of chromium in steels.
f. List the characteristic properties required in die steels.
g. What are the advantages of isothermal annealing process over full annealing?
h. For what purpose hot dipping process is used?
i. What is meant by cryogenic wear?
j. List two applications of ceramics in automotive parts.
2. Bring out the main points of difference between the phenomenon of slip and twinning.
3. Draw a neat and labeled iron-cematite equilibrium diagram. Discuss the significance of each critical temperature line on this diagram.
4. What are stainless steels? Why do they get their name ? discuss the role of nickel as an alloying element in these steels.
5. What are the various objectives for which normalizing treatment is given to steels? Discuss the procedural steps of providing this treatment to hypoeutectoid steels.
6. Which materials are generally used for the construction of
a. Cylinder Block
b. Piston Rings
Also justify your answer.
7. Discuss the general from of peritiectic and eutectoid reactions. Also shoe these reaction for iron-carbon system. What is the difference between ledeburite and pearlite?
8. Taking example of a gear, explain the need of surface hardening of steels. What is the major difference in surface hardening given to low carbon steels and to medium carbon steels?
9. Enumerate the main points of difference between white cast iron and grey cast iron. Discuss their properties and specific applications.
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No......................... ... Total No. of Questions : 07] ...
Roll No……….. Total No. of Questions: 07 B.Com. (Sem.-1 st ) FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING Subject Code: BCOP-101 Paper ID: [B1101] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Click Here for Syllabus of B-Tech 1st Year . http://ptu.ac.in/userfiles/file/engg_syllab/1st_and_...
Business Organisation and Management, Question Paper of B.Com 1st Semester,Download Previous Years Question Paper 2Roll No…….. Total No. of Questions: 07 B.Com (Sem.-1 st ) BUSINESS ORGANIATION AND MANAGEMENT Subject Code: BCOP-102 (2011 &a...
Roll No……. Total No. of Questions:07 B.COM (Sem.-1 st ) BUSINESS MATHEMATICS SUBJECT CODE: BCOP-104 (2011 Batch) PAPER ID: ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No. ...................... Total No. of Questions : 13] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Master Of Technology (M-Tech) Syllabus SYLLABUS FOR MASTER OF TECHNOLOGY (M-Tech) Br...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Click Downlink for Dowload of Scheme and Syllabus of B.Com. Professional Batch 2011onwards ht...
B.Sc. IT (402) (S05) / 102 (New) (Sem. - 4th) BASIC MATHEMATICS – I, Punjab Technical University, PTU, Question paperpunjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No. ................. Total No. of Questions : 13] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No . ............ Total No. of Questions : 07) ...