Wednesday, June 29, 2016
Roll No. ...........................
Total No. of Questions : 13]
Time : 03 Hours
1) Section - A is Compulsory.
2) Attempt any Nine questions from Section - B.
a. What do you mean by a data structure?
b. What is an array? How memory is allocated to arrays?
c. Define linked list?
d. What are the advantages of linked lists over arrays ?
e. What is a pointer? How can you declare a pointer to a structure?
f. Write four applications of Stacks.
g. What are queues? Give two examples of use of queues in computer system.
h. What are priority queues?
i. If we always make insertion and deletion only at the start of a linked list, then which data structure it will represent?
j. Perform insert and delete operation on a circular Queue? Show the operations with the help of a diagram.
k. What are the three Search trees?
l. What are the three traversal techniques for Binary trees? In what sequence the nodes are traversed in them?
m. What is recursion ? what are its application?
n. What is the complexity of binary search. Insertion sort, bubble sort and quick sort algorithms?
o. What are the conditions under which binary search or liner search is applicable?
Section – B
2. Write steps to insert an element ITEM at location LOC in an array A
3. What is difference between call by value and call by reference ? explain with example.
4. Write a procedure to search an element Key from a sorted linked list.
5. Write steps to delete an element from a linked list.
6. What are the conditions for overflow and underflow for a circular queue?
7. Write algorithm to reverse a string using stack.
8. Write procedure to insert an element in a circular queue.
9. Implement stack using linked list.
10. Apply Quick sort algorithm to sort following elements:
11. Draw the binary tree corresponding to flowing traversal sequences:
Inorder: D B F E A H G C L J H K
Postorder: D F E B G L J K H C A
12. Construct the binary search tree if the following element are inserted in it in the given sequence:
14 45 16 22 12 65 43 33 18 30
13. What are the steps to delete a node in BST? Explain with the help help of an example.
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No......................... ... Total No. of Questions : 07] ...
Roll No……….. Total No. of Questions: 07 B.Com. (Sem.-1 st ) FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING Subject Code: BCOP-101 Paper ID: [B1101] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Click Here for Syllabus of B-Tech 1st Year . http://ptu.ac.in/userfiles/file/engg_syllab/1st_and_...
Business Organisation and Management, Question Paper of B.Com 1st Semester,Download Previous Years Question Paper 2Roll No…….. Total No. of Questions: 07 B.Com (Sem.-1 st ) BUSINESS ORGANIATION AND MANAGEMENT Subject Code: BCOP-102 (2011 &a...
Roll No……. Total No. of Questions:07 B.COM (Sem.-1 st ) BUSINESS MATHEMATICS SUBJECT CODE: BCOP-104 (2011 Batch) PAPER ID: ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No. ...................... Total No. of Questions : 13] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Master Of Technology (M-Tech) Syllabus SYLLABUS FOR MASTER OF TECHNOLOGY (M-Tech) Br...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Click Downlink for Dowload of Scheme and Syllabus of B.Com. Professional Batch 2011onwards ht...
B.Sc. IT (402) (S05) / 102 (New) (Sem. - 4th) BASIC MATHEMATICS – I, Punjab Technical University, PTU, Question paperpunjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No. ................. Total No. of Questions : 13] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No . ............ Total No. of Questions : 07) ...