Thursday, November 26, 2015
Total No. of Questions: 15
MBA/MBA (IB) (Sem.-1st)
PRINCIPLES AND PRACTICES OF MANAGEMENT
Subject Code: (MB-101)
Paper ID [C0101]
Time: 3 Hrs. Max. Marks: 60
Instruction to Candidates:
1. Section-A contains six questions carrying Five marks each and students has to attempt any Four questions.
2. Section-B consists of Four Subsections: Unit-I, II, III, & IV. Each Subsections contains two questions each carrying Eight marks each and student has to attempt any One question from each Subsection.
3. Section-C is Compulsory and consist of One Case Study carrying Eight marks.
11. Distinguish between management and administration.
22. Explain the reasons for non-delegation and non-acceptance of delegation.
33. Discuss the process of Management by Objectives (MBO).
44. Distinguish between project and matrix structures?
55. What is business process re-engineering?
66. Discuss the need of corporate social responsibility.
7. What do you understand by scientific management? Describe that salient features of Taylor’s scheme of scientific management and discuss their validity today.
8. Name the various functions which constitute the process of management and discuss each of them briefly.
9. ‘Planning has become essential today because of frequent changes taking place in the external environment.’ Discuss.
10. ‘Whatever a manager does, he does through decision making.’ Examine critically.
11. Is departmentation essential for a business organization? If so, how?
12. What do you mean by organising? Discuss the principles of an organization.
13. Effective control requires that the critical areas of control should be clearly identified in advance. Discuss and give the main areas of control.
14. Write a short note on:
(a) Chinese Style Management
(b) Knowledge Management
15. When Karan started a grocery store after graduation, he relied on subjective estimates to forecast demand. He often overestimated and ended up with huge inventory. He resolved to investigate more and use objective methods of forecasting. He determined however, that nay method to be acceptable must process two characteristics. First the technique must be quick and easy to apply. Secondly, the technique must operate with data available.
(a) Why do you think there was a tendency to overestimate demand when subjective forecasting methods were used?
(b) Suggest scientific methods of forecasting which posses the two characteristics specified by Karan.
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No......................... ... Total No. of Questions : 07] ...
Roll No……….. Total No. of Questions: 07 B.Com. (Sem.-1 st ) FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING Subject Code: BCOP-101 Paper ID: [B1101] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Click Here for Syllabus of B-Tech 1st Year . http://ptu.ac.in/userfiles/file/engg_syllab/1st_and_...
Business Organisation and Management, Question Paper of B.Com 1st Semester,Download Previous Years Question Paper 2Roll No…….. Total No. of Questions: 07 B.Com (Sem.-1 st ) BUSINESS ORGANIATION AND MANAGEMENT Subject Code: BCOP-102 (2011 &a...
Roll No……. Total No. of Questions:07 B.COM (Sem.-1 st ) BUSINESS MATHEMATICS SUBJECT CODE: BCOP-104 (2011 Batch) PAPER ID: ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No. ...................... Total No. of Questions : 13] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Master Of Technology (M-Tech) Syllabus SYLLABUS FOR MASTER OF TECHNOLOGY (M-Tech) Br...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Click Downlink for Dowload of Scheme and Syllabus of B.Com. Professional Batch 2011onwards ht...
B.Sc. IT (402) (S05) / 102 (New) (Sem. - 4th) BASIC MATHEMATICS – I, Punjab Technical University, PTU, Question paperpunjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No. ................. Total No. of Questions : 13] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No . ............ Total No. of Questions : 07) ...