Friday, March 1, 2013
Roll No..................... Total No. of Pages :02
Total No. of Questions : 07
PRINCIPLES OF MANAGEMENT
Subject Code : BB-101
Paper ID : [C0201]
ime : 3 Hrs. Max. Marks : 60
INSTRUCTION TO CANDIDATES : 1. SECTION-A is COMPULSORY.
. Attempt any FOUR questions from SECTION-B.
SECTION-A (10 x 2 = 20 Marks)
l. a) What is planning process?
b) Differentiate between vision, mission, objectives and plans.
c) What are various bases for departmentalization of an organization?
d) Differentiate between decentralization and centralization?
e) State Graincunas formula for determining span of control.
f) List factors affecting job design.
g) What are factors affecting performance appraisal?
h) What are various non budgetary controls?
i) What is management by walking around?
j) How is social responsibility different from business ethics?
SECTION-B (4 x 10 = 40 Marks)
2. Management is defined as " the attainment of organizational goals in an effective and efficient manner through planning, organizing, leading and controlling organizational resources". Outline the process of management across these four functions while highlighting the difference between efficiency and effectiveness.
"Planning is looking ahead and Control is linking back"- Comment.
4. Banta manages a group of eight electrical engineers at Amar Designs. His team is highly trained and well respected by experts both inside and outside the company. Recently one of Banta's engineers suggested a new technique for the development and use of an argon laser. There appeared to be rich potential for this technology, but Banta wasn't certain that developing this technology was the best use of his limited resources. Banta was facing a significant decision for resource allocation. Help Banta through the decision making process and choose one of the 4 techniques of decision making?
5. Explain Team based, matrix and project based organization structures?
6. Define ethics and explain how the domain of ethics relates to law and free choice?
7. Describe the three steps in control process and outline the three courses of action a manager can take in controlling?
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No......................... ... Total No. of Questions : 07] ...
Roll No……….. Total No. of Questions: 07 B.Com. (Sem.-1 st ) FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING Subject Code: BCOP-101 Paper ID: [B1101] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Click Here for Syllabus of B-Tech 1st Year . http://ptu.ac.in/userfiles/file/engg_syllab/1st_and_...
Business Organisation and Management, Question Paper of B.Com 1st Semester,Download Previous Years Question Paper 2Roll No…….. Total No. of Questions: 07 B.Com (Sem.-1 st ) BUSINESS ORGANIATION AND MANAGEMENT Subject Code: BCOP-102 (2011 &a...
Roll No……. Total No. of Questions:07 B.COM (Sem.-1 st ) BUSINESS MATHEMATICS SUBJECT CODE: BCOP-104 (2011 Batch) PAPER ID: ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No. ...................... Total No. of Questions : 13] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Master Of Technology (M-Tech) Syllabus SYLLABUS FOR MASTER OF TECHNOLOGY (M-Tech) Br...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Click Downlink for Dowload of Scheme and Syllabus of B.Com. Professional Batch 2011onwards ht...
B.Sc. IT (402) (S05) / 102 (New) (Sem. - 4th) BASIC MATHEMATICS – I, Punjab Technical University, PTU, Question paperpunjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No. ................. Total No. of Questions : 13] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No . ............ Total No. of Questions : 07) ...