Thursday, November 3, 2016
GENERAL MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
Duration :03 Hrs.
1. Choose the correct answer.
a. A piston in cylinder forms a
i. Turning pair
ii. Sliding pair
iii. Rolling pair
iv. Spherical pair
1. The minimum possibly value of Passion’s ratio is as
2. If diameter of circular beam is doubled, its moment of inertia becomes
b. Four times
c. Eight times
d. Sixteen times
Fill in the blanks –
1. At point of contraflexine, the value o bending moment is ________
2. If aparing is cut into two pieces of equal lengths, the stiffness of each piece becomes ______ the stiffness of original spring.
3. The ratio of longitudinal and circumferential stresses in a seamless thin cylindrical shell equals ________
4. In a circular beam , width is kept same and depth in doubled, its moment of inertia will be ______
5. If other things remaining same, the diameter of a shaft is doubled, its angle of twist will becomes ________
State true or false
1. Ball bearing is an example of a lower pair.
2. Bending stress at neutral axis is always maximum.
3. Maximum bending moment on a beam reduces if the same concentrated load is distributed uniformly over it.
4. Section modulus and moment of inertia of a circular shaft have same values.
5. A flywheel keeps the speed fluctuation minimum by controlling the supply of fuel.
1. Attempt any five questions.
a. Define : stress, strain, yield point, proof stress, plastic stage, young’s modulus of elasticity.
b. State what you understand by moment of inertia, radius of gyration and section modulus.
c. What is movement of resistance? Write bending equation and the meaning and SI units of each term used in this equation.
d. Give a comparison of solid shaft with a hollow shaft with regard to their strength and weight.
e. Give applications of close helical springs and laminated springs. How are the number of plates of a laminated spring determined ?
f. Give at least three example each of
i. Lower pairs
ii. Higher Paris
g. Discuss the effects of moment of inertia, radius of gyration and fluctuation of energy, on the size of a flywheel.
2. Attempt any three questions.
a. Draw S.F and B.M diagrams for the beam shown in fig.1 indicated all the principal values and point of centraflexture if any.
b. Two wooden plants 150mm x 50mm each are connected to from a T-section of a beam. If a moment of 3.4 KN-m is applied on this beam inducing tensile street below the neutral axis, find the stresses at the extreme fibers of the cross –section
i. Write a note on balancing of reciprocating parts.
ii. Discuss causes of vibrations, their harmful effects and remedies.
d. What is the purpose of a governor ? how does it differ from a flywheel? Explain the construction and working of nay one of the governors.
e. A shaft is transmitting 100 KW at 180 rpm. If the allowable streets is 60N/mm2. Determine suitable diameter for the shaft. The shaft is not to twist more than 1 in length of 3 meters. Take c= 80 Kn/mm2
Roll No……….. Total No. of Questions: 07 B.Com. (Sem.-1 st ) FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING Subject Code: BCOP-101 Paper ID: [B1101] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No......................... ... Total No. of Questions : 07] ...
Business Organisation and Management, Question Paper of B.Com 1st Semester,Download Previous Years Question Paper 2Roll No…….. Total No. of Questions: 07 B.Com (Sem.-1 st ) BUSINESS ORGANIATION AND MANAGEMENT Subject Code: BCOP-102 (2011 &a...
2012 2nd Sem 2014 1St Sem 3rd Sem 5th Sem
Communicative English, Question Paper of B.Com 1st Semester,Download Previous Years Question Paper 3Roll No. ………………………………………………………………………………………Total No. of Questions: 05 B. Tech/ B.Com/ B. Arch (Sem.-1st/ 2nd) COMMUNICATIVE ENGLISH...
Roll No……. Total No. of Questions:07 B.COM (Sem.-1 st ) BUSINESS MATHEMATICS SUBJECT CODE: BCOP-104 (2011 Batch) PAPER ID: ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Click Here for Syllabus of B-Tech 1st Year . http://ptu.ac.in/userfiles/file/engg_syllab/1st_and_...
Roll No. -------------- Total No. of Question...
Roll No................................. B.COM (P)–2014 MICROECONOMICS Paper Code (BCOP-103) Paper ...
Roll No……. Total No. of Questions: 07 Paper ID [C0102] MBA (Sem.-1 st ) ORGANISATIONAL BEHAVIOUR (MB-102) Time: 3 Hrs. ...