Wednesday, October 19, 2016
Roll No. .l........
AUTOMOTIVE DESIGN - II
Subject Code : AE-302
Paper ID : [Ao719]
Time : 4 Hrs. Max. Marks : 60
INSTRUCTION TO CANDIDATES
1. SECTION-A is COMPULSORY consisting of TEN questions carrying TWO marks each.
2. SECTION-B contains FIVE questions carrying FIVE marks each and students has to attempt any FOUR questions.
3. SECTION-C contains THREE questions carrying TEN marks each and students has to attempt any TWO questions.
1. Answer briefly
a) Why the face of the pulley is crowned?
b) What is meant by sprocket for a chain?
c) What is the material used for leaf spring?
(1) What do you mean by interference in involute gears?
e) Name various forces acting on worm and worm gears.
f) How bearings are classified?
g) What is the function of connecting rod in an internal combustion engine?
h) Why the area of inlet valve port is made larger than the area of exhaust valve port?
i) How are timing gears lubricated?
j) What is the material for crank shaft?
2. An engine shaft running at 120 rpm is required to drive a machine shaft by means of a belt. The pulley on the engine shaft is of 2 m diameter and that of the machine shaft is 1 m diameter, if the belt thickness is 5 mm, determine the speed of the machine shaft, when there is no slip.
3. Discuss surging phenomenon in springs.
4. What conditions must be satisfied in order that a pair of spur gears may have a constant velocity ratio? Discuss.
5. Explain the various stresses induced in connecting rod.
6. Discuss design aspects of intake manifolds.
7. A 80 mm long journal bearing supports a load of 2800 N on a 50 mm diameter shaft. The bearing has a radial clearance of 0.05 mm and the viscosity of the oil is 0.021 kg/m-s at the operating temperature. If the bearing is capable of dissipating 80 J/s, determine the maximum safe speed.
8. A four stroke internal combustion engine has the following specifications: Brake power = 7.5 kW, Speed = 1000 rpm, Indicated mean effective pressure = 0.35 N/mm2, Minimum gas pressure = 3.5 N/mmz, Mechanical efficiency = 80%. Determine : The dimensions of the cylinder, if the length of stroke is 1.4 times the bore of the cylinder, and Wall thickness of the cylinder, if the hoop stress is 35 MPa.
9. Discuss the procedure of design of lubrication system for crank shaft.
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No......................... ... Total No. of Questions : 07] ...
Roll No……….. Total No. of Questions: 07 B.Com. (Sem.-1 st ) FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING Subject Code: BCOP-101 Paper ID: [B1101] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Click Here for Syllabus of B-Tech 1st Year . http://ptu.ac.in/userfiles/file/engg_syllab/1st_and_...
Business Organisation and Management, Question Paper of B.Com 1st Semester,Download Previous Years Question Paper 2Roll No…….. Total No. of Questions: 07 B.Com (Sem.-1 st ) BUSINESS ORGANIATION AND MANAGEMENT Subject Code: BCOP-102 (2011 &a...
Roll No……. Total No. of Questions:07 B.COM (Sem.-1 st ) BUSINESS MATHEMATICS SUBJECT CODE: BCOP-104 (2011 Batch) PAPER ID: ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No. ...................... Total No. of Questions : 13] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Master Of Technology (M-Tech) Syllabus SYLLABUS FOR MASTER OF TECHNOLOGY (M-Tech) Br...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Click Downlink for Dowload of Scheme and Syllabus of B.Com. Professional Batch 2011onwards ht...
B.Sc. IT (402) (S05) / 102 (New) (Sem. - 4th) BASIC MATHEMATICS – I, Punjab Technical University, PTU, Question paperpunjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No. ................. Total No. of Questions : 13] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No . ............ Total No. of Questions : 07) ...