Thursday, September 8, 2016
- Thursday, September 08, 2016
- North India Campus ajay gour
- 3rd Semester CSE74, Written and Oral Technical Communication CSE74 3rd
- No comments
Total No. of Questions : 091
WRITTEN AND ORAL TECHNICAL COMMUNICATION
SUBJECT CODE : CS - 209
Paper ID: [A04551]
Time : 03 Hours
Instruction to Candidates:
1) Section - A is Compulsory.
2) Attempt any Four questions from Section - B.
3) Attempt any Two questions from Section - C.
Section - A
l. (a) Explain reading strategy for note-making.
(b) Visual aids in presentations.
(c) Audience analysis in Report.
(d) External and Internal Proposal.
(e) Literature Survey in Technical Article.
(f) Objectivity in Technical Communication.
(g) Rewrite the following sentences by avoiding needless repetitions.
(i) Superfluity of un–necessary words and phrases is altogether improper.
(ii) He has the entire monopoly of the liquor trade.
(h) What is project report ?
(i) Interoffice Memorandum.
(j) Define Bibliography.
2. What are the various elements of style ? Explain economy of words.
3. ‘‘Voice quality impacts your business presentation’’. Discuss this statement with suitable examples.
4. As Mazhar Khan, the Public Relation Officer of Eva Formulations, Pvt.
Ltd., you have been asked to draft a memorandum to the office staff about the Company’s Annual Business Conference. Include the following details :
• Venue of Conference
• Date and time of the Conference
• Theme of the Conference
• List of special invitees.
5. Read the following references and organize them according to APA and MLA styles.
(a) New trends in Higher Education. Venkataiah N. New Delhi : APH Publishing Corporation 2008. 1–18.
(b) Cambridge : Cambridge University Press. Littlewood, W. Foreign and Second Language Learning : Language acquisition research and its implications for the classroom .1984.
6. Discuss the various types of reports. Give an example of each.
7. Following position is open at our Avaya Pune Development Centre : Senior Consulting Engineer
• B. Tech in Information Technology
• 3+ years of IT industry experience.
• Strong skills in either Database, Networking or C++/Java.
• Exposure to Avaya products is a big plus.
Send your resume along with covering letter to :
Bigates Software Pvt. Ltd., Wing A, Level 2, Tower 1, Cyber city, Megarpatta Pune
8. Write an essay on any one topic :
(a) The Relevance of Computers.
(b) Uses of English for World Community.
9. Summarize the following passage in about one-third of the total number of words. Give suitable title as well.
Experiments have shown that in selecting personnel for a job, interviewing is at best a hindrance,
and may even cause harm. These studies have disclosed that the judgements of interviewers differ
markedly and bear little or no relationship to the adequacy of the job. Of the many reasons why
this should be the case, three in particular stand out? The first reason is related to an error of
judgements known as the halo effect. If a person has one noticeable good trait, this other
characteristics will be judged as better than they really are. Thus, an individual who
dresses smartly and shows self-confidence is likely to be judged capable of doing a job well
regardless of his or her ability. Interviewers are also prejudiced by an effect called the primary
effect. This error occurs when interpretations of later information is distorted by earlier connected
information. Hence, in an interview situation, the interviewer spends most of the interview trying
to confirm the impression given by the candidate in the first few moments. Studies have repeatedly
demonstrated that such an impression is unrelated to the aptitude of the applicant.
The phenomenon known as the contrast effect also skews the judgment of interviewers. A suitable
candidate may be under–estimated because he or she contrasts with a previous one who appears
exceptionally intelligent. Likewise an average candidate who is preceded by one who gives’
a weak showing may be judged as more suitable then he or she really is.
Roll No……….. Total No. of Questions: 07 B.Com. (Sem.-1 st ) FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING Subject Code: BCOP-101 Paper ID: [B1101] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No......................... ... Total No. of Questions : 07] ...
Business Organisation and Management, Question Paper of B.Com 1st Semester,Download Previous Years Question Paper 2Roll No…….. Total No. of Questions: 07 B.Com (Sem.-1 st ) BUSINESS ORGANIATION AND MANAGEMENT Subject Code: BCOP-102 (2011 &a...
Communicative English, Question Paper of B.Com 1st Semester,Download Previous Years Question Paper 3Roll No. ………………………………………………………………………………………Total No. of Questions: 05 B. Tech/ B.Com/ B. Arch (Sem.-1st/ 2nd) COMMUNICATIVE ENGLISH...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Click Here for Syllabus of B-Tech 1st Year . http://ptu.ac.in/userfiles/file/engg_syllab/1st_and_...
Roll No……. Total No. of Questions:07 B.COM (Sem.-1 st ) BUSINESS MATHEMATICS SUBJECT CODE: BCOP-104 (2011 Batch) PAPER ID: ...
Roll No. -------------- Total No. of Question...
2012 2nd Sem 2014 1St Sem 3rd Sem 5th Sem
Roll No................................. B.COM (P)–2014 MICROECONOMICS Paper Code (BCOP-103) Paper ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No. ...................... Total No. of Questions : 13] ...