Friday, September 2, 2016
Total No. of Questions : 07
INTRODUCTION TO MICROPROCESSOR
Subject Code : (BCA-305)
Paper ID : 
Time : 3 Hrs.
INSTRUCTION TO CANDIDATES :
1) Section - A is compulsory.
2) Attempt any Nine questions from Section - B.
Section - A
a. Define bit, byte, word and instruction.
b. Specify the direction of the information flow on the address bus.
c. What is the significance of data bus and address bus in microprocessor?
d. How will you execute a program without output port in 8085?
e. List the four categories of 8085 instructions that manipulate data.
f. Give two example of arithmetic instructions in 8085.
g. Give two examples of logical control instruction in 8086.
h. Write different addressing modes in 8086.
i. What is the necessity of using RISC processors?
j. Write the role of clock generator in microprocessor.
k. Give the list of externally initiated operations in 8085
l. What is the necessity of using chip like 8087 along with 8086 microprocessor?
m. Explain the terms SSI,MSI and LSI.
n. What is the use of Flags in 8085?
o. Which flag is called conditional flag in 8086?
2. Draw and explain the block diagram showing how a DMA controller operates in a miscompute.
3. Discuss in brief the important interrupts in 8086.
4. Explain arithmetic and program control instruction of 8086.
5. Give pin configuration, draw and explain the expanded block diagram of 8257
6. Discuss in detail addressing modes of 8085
7. Discuss the role of co-processor along with microprocessor taking suitable example.
8. Differentiate between RICS and CICS processors.
a. Write a machine code for the instruction MOV H, A if the Opcode = 01, the register code for H = 100, and the register code for A= 111.
b. Define instruction cycle, machine cycle and T cycle.
a. What are he advantages of segment register in 8086?
b. Write basic operations of 8086.
11. Write and explain the arithmetic instructions of 8086
12. Write and explain the branch instructions used in 8086
13. Write the pin configuration 8085 microprocessor with use of each pin
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No......................... ... Total No. of Questions : 07] ...
Roll No……….. Total No. of Questions: 07 B.Com. (Sem.-1 st ) FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING Subject Code: BCOP-101 Paper ID: [B1101] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Click Here for Syllabus of B-Tech 1st Year . http://ptu.ac.in/userfiles/file/engg_syllab/1st_and_...
Business Organisation and Management, Question Paper of B.Com 1st Semester,Download Previous Years Question Paper 2Roll No…….. Total No. of Questions: 07 B.Com (Sem.-1 st ) BUSINESS ORGANIATION AND MANAGEMENT Subject Code: BCOP-102 (2011 &a...
Roll No……. Total No. of Questions:07 B.COM (Sem.-1 st ) BUSINESS MATHEMATICS SUBJECT CODE: BCOP-104 (2011 Batch) PAPER ID: ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No. ...................... Total No. of Questions : 13] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Master Of Technology (M-Tech) Syllabus SYLLABUS FOR MASTER OF TECHNOLOGY (M-Tech) Br...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Click Downlink for Dowload of Scheme and Syllabus of B.Com. Professional Batch 2011onwards ht...
B.Sc. IT (402) (S05) / 102 (New) (Sem. - 4th) BASIC MATHEMATICS – I, Punjab Technical University, PTU, Question paperpunjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No. ................. Total No. of Questions : 13] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No . ............ Total No. of Questions : 07) ...