Tuesday, August 30, 2016
Total no. of Questions:09]
SUBJECT CODE: BTAE-306
Instruction to Candidates:
1. SECTION-A is compulsory consisting of Ten question carrying Two marks each.
2. SECTION-B contains FIVE questions carrying Five marks each and students has to attempt any four questions.
3. SECTION –C contains Three questions carrying Ten marks each and students has to attempt any Two questions.
l. Write briefly :
a. What is difference between allowance and tolerance?
b. Why sectional views are used in drawing?
c. The root angles in BIS metric thread and BSW threads are respectively __________and_____________?
d. Why are split muff coupling used in preference with solid muff?
e. Why brasses are used in connecting rod ends and why are these made of soft metals?
f. What is blow-off cock and where it is used?
g. What are the functions of steam stop valve?
h. What is the advantage of providing bush in a bearing and what is the
material of bush?
i. Draw the free hand sketch of hexagonal bolt.
j. What is the use of tailstock in a lathe and how is it operated? Punjab Technical University
2. What are the different types of machine drawing? Explain Production drawing in detail.
3. Draw plan and sectional elevation of a double riveted butt joint (Single
cover and chain riveting). Take diameter of rivet: 25 mm.
4. Draw free hand upper half sectional-front elevation of a protected type
flange coupling on proportionate scale.
5. What is the strength of transverse fillet welded joint?
6. Discuss the various commands available in Auto-CAD to draw a pentagon.
7. Draw the full sectional front view and side view of the flange coupling as
shown in figure 1.
8. Draw the front view and top view of foot step bearing as shown in
9. Figure-3 shows the details of a Lathe tail stock. Assemble all the parts and draw the Front View.
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No......................... ... Total No. of Questions : 07] ...
Roll No……….. Total No. of Questions: 07 B.Com. (Sem.-1 st ) FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING Subject Code: BCOP-101 Paper ID: [B1101] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Click Here for Syllabus of B-Tech 1st Year . http://ptu.ac.in/userfiles/file/engg_syllab/1st_and_...
Business Organisation and Management, Question Paper of B.Com 1st Semester,Download Previous Years Question Paper 2Roll No…….. Total No. of Questions: 07 B.Com (Sem.-1 st ) BUSINESS ORGANIATION AND MANAGEMENT Subject Code: BCOP-102 (2011 &a...
Roll No……. Total No. of Questions:07 B.COM (Sem.-1 st ) BUSINESS MATHEMATICS SUBJECT CODE: BCOP-104 (2011 Batch) PAPER ID: ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No. ...................... Total No. of Questions : 13] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Master Of Technology (M-Tech) Syllabus SYLLABUS FOR MASTER OF TECHNOLOGY (M-Tech) Br...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Click Downlink for Dowload of Scheme and Syllabus of B.Com. Professional Batch 2011onwards ht...
B.Sc. IT (402) (S05) / 102 (New) (Sem. - 4th) BASIC MATHEMATICS – I, Punjab Technical University, PTU, Question paperpunjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No. ................. Total No. of Questions : 13] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No . ............ Total No. of Questions : 07) ...