Monday, August 29, 2016
Total no. of Questions:09]
AUTOMOTIVE MATERIALS AND METALLURGY
SUBJECT CODE: AE-207
Instruction to Candidates:
1) Section – A is Compulsory.
2) Attempt any four question from section-B.
3) Attempt any Two questions form section –C.
a. What is meant by the term, critical nuclei’?
b. Enumerate a few crystal imperfection.
c. What is meant by atomic packing factor of a crystal structure?
d. Discuss the main properties of the phase austenite.
e. What is the difference in the properties of strength and hardness?
f. What properties are required in a material to be used as a die steel?
g. What is the purpose of hard facing?
h. Describe the purpose of anodizing.
i. Discuss the applications of polymers in automotive applications.
j. What type of material is selected for radiators?
2. With the help of neat and labeled diagram, explain the phenomenon of twining.
3. What are type III binary alloy systems? Why are they referred to as eutectic systems. Draw a neat and labeled diagram (phase diagram) for any type III alloy system.
4. Discuss the role of alloying elements present in stainless steels.
5. Discuss the procedural steps involved in induction hardening of medium carbon steels.
6. How is selection of materials done under conditions of cryogenic wear and corrosion.
7. Draw a neat and labeled Iron-Iron carbide equilibrium diagram. Mark all the critical temperature lines on this diagram. Discuss the properties of phases ferrite and cematite.
8. What is the need of normalizing heat treatment. Discuss the procedure of this treatment for low carbon steels. How is this process different form full annealing.
9. Discuss the criteria for selecting materials for the following automotive components:
a. Cylinder head.
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No......................... ... Total No. of Questions : 07] ...
Roll No……….. Total No. of Questions: 07 B.Com. (Sem.-1 st ) FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING Subject Code: BCOP-101 Paper ID: [B1101] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Click Here for Syllabus of B-Tech 1st Year . http://ptu.ac.in/userfiles/file/engg_syllab/1st_and_...
Business Organisation and Management, Question Paper of B.Com 1st Semester,Download Previous Years Question Paper 2Roll No…….. Total No. of Questions: 07 B.Com (Sem.-1 st ) BUSINESS ORGANIATION AND MANAGEMENT Subject Code: BCOP-102 (2011 &a...
Roll No……. Total No. of Questions:07 B.COM (Sem.-1 st ) BUSINESS MATHEMATICS SUBJECT CODE: BCOP-104 (2011 Batch) PAPER ID: ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No. ...................... Total No. of Questions : 13] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Master Of Technology (M-Tech) Syllabus SYLLABUS FOR MASTER OF TECHNOLOGY (M-Tech) Br...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Click Downlink for Dowload of Scheme and Syllabus of B.Com. Professional Batch 2011onwards ht...
B.Sc. IT (402) (S05) / 102 (New) (Sem. - 4th) BASIC MATHEMATICS – I, Punjab Technical University, PTU, Question paperpunjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No. ................. Total No. of Questions : 13] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No . ............ Total No. of Questions : 07) ...