Monday, August 29, 2016
Total no. of Questions:09]
AUTOMOTIVE CHASSIS AND COMPONENTS
SUBJECT CODE: AE-203
Instruction to Candidates:
1. SECTION-A is compulsory consisting of Ten question carrying Two marks each.
2. SECTION-B contains FIVE questions carrying Five marks each and students has to attempt any four questions.
3. SECTION –C contains Three questions carrying Ten marks each and students has to attempt any Two questions.
1. Write briefly:
a. Define different types of chassis used in automobiles.
b. Define turning circle, state its approximate values for a car and a bus.
c. State advantages of using constant velocity joint over Hooke’s joint.
d. Which type of rear axle is best suited for heavy vehicles?
e. What is the function stub axle and king pin in front axle?
f. How laminated leaf springs are self damping in suspension?
g. State the function of a torsion bar.
h. What is static and dynamic unbalance?
i. Why wire wheels can’t be used with tubeless tires?
j. What is fading of brakes?
2. What is perfect steering? Derive an expression for basic condition for a perfect steering mechanism.
3. How the torques is divided by the differential between the wheels on turns?
4. Compare drum brakes with disc brakes.
5. Discuss different methods of supporting live rear axle shafts.
6. Explain with sketch double wishbone type of independent suspension system with a sketch.
7. Explain Camber angle, Castor angle, Steering axis inclination, tor-in & toe-out. Discuss their effects on steering characteristics of vehicle.
8. Draw out detailed comparison of radial and bias ply tires. Also sketch and explain their constriction.
9. Why do we need anti-locking braking system in automobile? Sketch and explain working of anti-lock braking system and list its merits and demerits.
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No......................... ... Total No. of Questions : 07] ...
Roll No……….. Total No. of Questions: 07 B.Com. (Sem.-1 st ) FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING Subject Code: BCOP-101 Paper ID: [B1101] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Click Here for Syllabus of B-Tech 1st Year . http://ptu.ac.in/userfiles/file/engg_syllab/1st_and_...
Business Organisation and Management, Question Paper of B.Com 1st Semester,Download Previous Years Question Paper 2Roll No…….. Total No. of Questions: 07 B.Com (Sem.-1 st ) BUSINESS ORGANIATION AND MANAGEMENT Subject Code: BCOP-102 (2011 &a...
Roll No……. Total No. of Questions:07 B.COM (Sem.-1 st ) BUSINESS MATHEMATICS SUBJECT CODE: BCOP-104 (2011 Batch) PAPER ID: ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No. ...................... Total No. of Questions : 13] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Master Of Technology (M-Tech) Syllabus SYLLABUS FOR MASTER OF TECHNOLOGY (M-Tech) Br...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Click Downlink for Dowload of Scheme and Syllabus of B.Com. Professional Batch 2011onwards ht...
B.Sc. IT (402) (S05) / 102 (New) (Sem. - 4th) BASIC MATHEMATICS – I, Punjab Technical University, PTU, Question paperpunjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No. ................. Total No. of Questions : 13] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No . ............ Total No. of Questions : 07) ...