Monday, August 29, 2016
Total no. of Questions:09]
SUBJECT CODE: BATE-302
Instruction to Candidates:
1) Section – A is Compulsory consisting of 10 questions each carrying 2 marks.
2) Section B contains five question each carrying 5 marks. Attempt any 4 questions.
3) Section C contains 3 questions each carrying 10 marks. Attempt any 2 questions.
Section – A
1. Write briefly:
a. Classify the compressors into different types.
b. What is isentropic efficiency of a compressor.
c. Why is intercooling done in multistage compressors.
d. What is the function of a impeller in a centrifugal compressor.
e. Why airfoil blading is needed for a axial flow compressor.
f. What is stalling.
g. What is power input factor.
h. List four advantages of gas turbines over I.C engines
i. What is work ratio of a gas turbine.
j. What is the working principle of a turbo-jet compressor.
2. A Single stage, double acting air compressor has a free air delivery (F.A.D.) of 14m3/min at 1.013 bar 15C. The temperature in the cylinder during induction are 0.95 bar and 32 C. The delivery pressure is 7 bar and the index of compression and expansion is n=1.3. The clearance volume is 5% of the swept volume. Calculate (i) indicated power required (ii) Volumetric efficiency.
3. Explain the phenomenon of surging and chocking in a centrifugal compressor.
4. With the help of a neat sketch discuss the working of a vane type blower.
5. State the merits and demerits of closed cycle gas turbine over open cycle.
6. With is rocket propulsion. Compare the working of liquid and solid propellant systems.
7. A centrifugal compressor delivers 16.5 kg/s of air with a total head pressure ratio 4:1 the speed of the compressor is 15000 r.p.m. inlet total head temperature is 20 C slip factor 0.9, power input factor is 1.04 and isentropic efficiency is 80%. Calculate (i) overall diameter of the impeller (ii) Power input.
8. In a simple gas turbine plant air enters the compressor at I bar and 27 C and leaves at 6.2 bar. It is then heated in the combustion chamber then enters the turbine and expands to I bac. The isentropic efficiency of compressor and turbine are 88% and 90% respectively. The fuel has a heating value of 44186 kj/kg and the fuel-air ratio is 0.017 Kj/kg of air. Determine the (i) the thermal efficiency (ii) the work ratio
For air, Cp=1.005kj/kg-k, =1.4. For combustion gases, Cp=1.147 kj/kg-k =1.33
9. With help of velocity diagrams derive the expression for work done of a stage of axial flow compressor.
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No......................... ... Total No. of Questions : 07] ...
Roll No……….. Total No. of Questions: 07 B.Com. (Sem.-1 st ) FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING Subject Code: BCOP-101 Paper ID: [B1101] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Click Here for Syllabus of B-Tech 1st Year . http://ptu.ac.in/userfiles/file/engg_syllab/1st_and_...
Business Organisation and Management, Question Paper of B.Com 1st Semester,Download Previous Years Question Paper 2Roll No…….. Total No. of Questions: 07 B.Com (Sem.-1 st ) BUSINESS ORGANIATION AND MANAGEMENT Subject Code: BCOP-102 (2011 &a...
Roll No……. Total No. of Questions:07 B.COM (Sem.-1 st ) BUSINESS MATHEMATICS SUBJECT CODE: BCOP-104 (2011 Batch) PAPER ID: ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No. ...................... Total No. of Questions : 13] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Master Of Technology (M-Tech) Syllabus SYLLABUS FOR MASTER OF TECHNOLOGY (M-Tech) Br...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Click Downlink for Dowload of Scheme and Syllabus of B.Com. Professional Batch 2011onwards ht...
B.Sc. IT (402) (S05) / 102 (New) (Sem. - 4th) BASIC MATHEMATICS – I, Punjab Technical University, PTU, Question paperpunjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No. ................. Total No. of Questions : 13] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No . ............ Total No. of Questions : 07) ...