Monday, August 29, 2016
Total no. of Questions:09]
SUBJECT CODE: AE-205
Instruction to Candidates:
1. SECTION-A is compulsory consisting of Ten question carrying Two marks each.
2. SECTION-B contains FIVE questions carrying Five marks each and students has to attempt any four questions.
3. SECTION –C contains Three questions carrying Ten marks each and students has to attempt any Two questions.
l. Answer briefly :
(a) Name various types of fuels.
(b) What are alternative fuels? Give some of their advantages.
(c) Give classification of air compressor.
(d) What is intercooling in multistage compression ?
(e) Define surging and choking in axial flow compressor.
(f) Define different modes of heat transfer.
(g) Name various types of heat exchangers.
(h) Define moist air and relative humidity.
(i) What are the thermodynamic properties of an ideal refrigerants?
(j) Name at least five commonly used refrigerants.
2. What is meant by ignition temperature of fuel ? Why should an ideal fuel
have moderate value for ignition temperature ?
3. With the help of a neat sketch, explain the working of centrifugal air
compressor, clearly explaining the pressure changes taking place in the
passage of air.
4. Explain the difference between heat transfer and thermodynamics. Explain
the phenomenon of heat transfer through conduction by citing some
5. Name different type of heat exchanges explaining any one of them.
6. What are refrigerants ? How are they classified ? List some desirable
properties of a good refrigerant.
7. For fuel oil with ultimate analysis
C = 82.7, H = 12.5, S = 0.9, N = 2.7 and O = 1.2. With 25% excess
air and complete combustion, determine dry gas analysis based on CO2,
O2 and N2. Assume dry air supplied. Also find gas volume per kg of fuel
at 200°C and 1.01325 bar.
8. A two cylinder, single acting air compressor is to deliver 15 kg/min of
free air from the atmospheric condition of 1 bar (100 kPa) and 27°C.
The delivery pressure is 7 bar (700 kPa), clearance is 4% of the stroke
and the index for both compression and expansion is 1.3.
The compressor is directly coupled to a 4 cylinder, 4 stroke petrol engine
running at 1800 r.p.m. The bmep of the engine is 6 bar (600 kPa).
Assuming stroke to bore ratio of 1.1 for both engine and compressor and
mechanical efficiency of 85% for the compressor, calculate cylinder
dimensions for both.
9. At air water vapour mixture at 25°C and 1 bar has a relative humidity of
(a) the partial pressure of water vapour and dry air
(b) the specific volume of each constituent
(c) the dew point, the specific humidity and the saturation ratio.
(d) the density of the mixture.
Also find the amount of water vapour condensed, if the mixture is cooled
at constant pressure to a temperature of 10°C.
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No......................... ... Total No. of Questions : 07] ...
Roll No……….. Total No. of Questions: 07 B.Com. (Sem.-1 st ) FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING Subject Code: BCOP-101 Paper ID: [B1101] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Click Here for Syllabus of B-Tech 1st Year . http://ptu.ac.in/userfiles/file/engg_syllab/1st_and_...
Business Organisation and Management, Question Paper of B.Com 1st Semester,Download Previous Years Question Paper 2Roll No…….. Total No. of Questions: 07 B.Com (Sem.-1 st ) BUSINESS ORGANIATION AND MANAGEMENT Subject Code: BCOP-102 (2011 &a...
Roll No……. Total No. of Questions:07 B.COM (Sem.-1 st ) BUSINESS MATHEMATICS SUBJECT CODE: BCOP-104 (2011 Batch) PAPER ID: ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No. ...................... Total No. of Questions : 13] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Master Of Technology (M-Tech) Syllabus SYLLABUS FOR MASTER OF TECHNOLOGY (M-Tech) Br...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Click Downlink for Dowload of Scheme and Syllabus of B.Com. Professional Batch 2011onwards ht...
B.Sc. IT (402) (S05) / 102 (New) (Sem. - 4th) BASIC MATHEMATICS – I, Punjab Technical University, PTU, Question paperpunjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No. ................. Total No. of Questions : 13] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No . ............ Total No. of Questions : 07) ...