Wednesday, June 29, 2016
Roll No. ...........................
Total No. of Questions : 13]
Time : 03 Hours
1) Section - A is Compulsory.
2) Attempt any Nine questions from Section - B.
i. Convert Hex BSC to binary.
ii. Add binary numbers: 1101 + 1001 + 1111.
iii. Convert decimal 100. 5 to binary.
iv. What do you mean by minterm and maxterm?
v. Write De-Morgan’s theorem.
vi. Draw the symbol of a 4 input NAND gate and 3-input
vii. What is the role of a half adder and half subtractor?
viii. What do you mean by combinational circuits? Give exa
ix. Where do we use MUX and DEMUX?
x. Write the truth table of half adder and draw its circuit.
xi. What are the various types of Flip Flop?
xii. Where do we use Flip Flop and memories?
xiii. How Register constitute a memory?
xiv. Explain what do you mean by Main and Secondary me
xv. Where do we use D-Flip Flop and clocked Flip Flops?
2. If X=1101.110 and y = 1001.101(both in binary) Find x+ y and x-y( by2’s
3. Convert hex Cf 8.7 to binary, octal and decimal system.
4. simplify the following function by K-map:
a) F(A ,B,C) =∑(0,2,3,4,6)
B) XY +YZ+XY’Z
5) simplify the following expression in (a) S-O-P and (b) P-O-S:
X’ z’+ y’ z +z y ’+x y
6) write the truth table of a Full adder and then from it derive the circuit in terms of half adders.
7) Draw the circuit of a 2 to 4 decoder and explain its function.
8) Explain how 3 to 8 decoder function can be obtained from a demultiplexer(1 to 8)
9) draw the symbols and write the truth tables of the various logic gates you have studied
10) draw the circuit of an S-R flip flop using NAND gates only from it derive the circuit of a D-flip flop and explain its truth table.
11) How can you realize the edge triggered J-K flip flop from an S-R flip flop? Write the truth table of J-K flip flop an explain how race – around problem can be solved in it.
12) Explain the difference between the following memories:
a) Volatile and Non – volatile
b) Static and dynamic
c) Sequential and random access.
d) Magnetic and semiconductor.
a) Classification of memories.
b) Basic memory structure
Roll No……….. Total No. of Questions: 07 B.Com. (Sem.-1 st ) FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING Subject Code: BCOP-101 Paper ID: [B1101] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No......................... ... Total No. of Questions : 07] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Click Here for Syllabus of B-Tech 1st Year . http://ptu.ac.in/userfiles/file/engg_syllab/1st_and_...
Business Organisation and Management, Question Paper of B.Com 1st Semester,Download Previous Years Question Paper 2Roll No…….. Total No. of Questions: 07 B.Com (Sem.-1 st ) BUSINESS ORGANIATION AND MANAGEMENT Subject Code: BCOP-102 (2011 &a...
Roll No……. Total No. of Questions:07 B.COM (Sem.-1 st ) BUSINESS MATHEMATICS SUBJECT CODE: BCOP-104 (2011 Batch) PAPER ID: ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No. ...................... Total No. of Questions : 13] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Master Of Technology (M-Tech) Syllabus SYLLABUS FOR MASTER OF TECHNOLOGY (M-Tech) Br...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Click Downlink for Dowload of Scheme and Syllabus of B.Com. Professional Batch 2011onwards ht...
B.Sc. IT (402) (S05) / 102 (New) (Sem. - 4th) BASIC MATHEMATICS – I, Punjab Technical University, PTU, Question paperpunjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No. ................. Total No. of Questions : 13] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No . ............ Total No. of Questions : 07) ...