Monday, June 27, 2016
Total No. Of Questtions:13
Paper ID [ A0210]
BCA (205)(S05)(O) (Sem.-2nd)
DIGITAL CIRCUITS AND LOGIC DESIGN
Time : 03 Hrs.
Instruction to Candidates:
1. Section – A is Compulsory
2. Attempt any Nine questions from Section – B
Section – A
a. Convert (i) 11011.11(binary number to decimal number.
(ii) 7825.6875 decimal number to octal.
b. Convert (i ) 125.89 binary number to BCD number
(ii) A4F to octal number.
d. Prove using truth table
e. Draw the logic diagram & truth table of full adder.
f. Define the term propagation Delay.
g. Simply the following logic function using K-map and find the Minterms & maxterms.
h. Write the truth table of 3-8 Decoder.
i. State & prove the De- Margin theorems.
j. What do you mean by race around condition?
k. Explain the term LOCKOUT with the help of a suitable example?
l. What is the difference between Latch and a flip flop?
m. What is a shift register? What are the various configuration of shift register?
n. Differentiate between synchronous & asynchronous logical circuits.
o. Explain the operation of master- save flip-flop?
2. What do you mean by error detecting and correcting codes ? explain both with the help of suitable examples .
3. Obtain the truth table of the following & implement it by using NAND Gates?
F(A,B,C,D)= (AB+BC) (AC+BC)
4. Minimize the following using K-Map and Realize it with NAND Gates?
F(A,B,C,D)= ∑m(2,3,4,5,13,15)+ ∑d(8,9,10,11)
5. Implement BCD to Excess -3 Code converter?
6. Explain the following terms with help of suitable examples.
7. Implement following using 4X16 Decoder.
F=X Y +Z
8. What do you mean by Multiplexer. Draw the block diagram and logical diagram of 4:1 Multiplexer.]
9. Design a synchronous counter using JK flip flop for the following sequence?
10. Explain the term universal shift register.
11. Classify the counters and discuss the BCD Counters . Also explain Ring
12. Explain the Various rules of K-map reduction technique.
13. Give any five differences between combinational & sequential logical circuits.
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No......................... ... Total No. of Questions : 07] ...
Roll No……….. Total No. of Questions: 07 B.Com. (Sem.-1 st ) FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING Subject Code: BCOP-101 Paper ID: [B1101] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Click Here for Syllabus of B-Tech 1st Year . http://ptu.ac.in/userfiles/file/engg_syllab/1st_and_...
Business Organisation and Management, Question Paper of B.Com 1st Semester,Download Previous Years Question Paper 2Roll No…….. Total No. of Questions: 07 B.Com (Sem.-1 st ) BUSINESS ORGANIATION AND MANAGEMENT Subject Code: BCOP-102 (2011 &a...
Roll No……. Total No. of Questions:07 B.COM (Sem.-1 st ) BUSINESS MATHEMATICS SUBJECT CODE: BCOP-104 (2011 Batch) PAPER ID: ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No. ...................... Total No. of Questions : 13] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Master Of Technology (M-Tech) Syllabus SYLLABUS FOR MASTER OF TECHNOLOGY (M-Tech) Br...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Click Downlink for Dowload of Scheme and Syllabus of B.Com. Professional Batch 2011onwards ht...
B.Sc. IT (402) (S05) / 102 (New) (Sem. - 4th) BASIC MATHEMATICS – I, Punjab Technical University, PTU, Question paperpunjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No. ................. Total No. of Questions : 13] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No . ............ Total No. of Questions : 07) ...