Monday, June 27, 2016
Total No. Of Questtions:13
Paper ID [ A0209]
DATA STRUCTURES (BCA-204)
Time : 03 Hrs.
Instruction to Candidates:
1. Section – A is Compulsory
2. Attempt any Nine questions from Section – B
SECTION – A
a) What is space time complexity?
b) Distinguish between data and information.
c) What is push operation of stack?
d) Write the prefix and postfix equivalent of the following infix expression: A * B+C.
e) What is the difference between the stack and queue?
f) What is the condition for the overflow in the linked lists?
g) What do you mean by the term garbage collection?
h) What is heap?
i) List any two applications of linked lists.
j) What is the average complexity of bubble-sort algorithm?
k) What do you mean by the term “merging of two arrays”?
l) Consider the following elements. 66, 55, 88, 22, 33, 54. Calculate the position and the element where this list split into two in quick-sort algorithm.
m) Give the average complexity of selection-sort and heap-sort algorithms.
n) Consider the following list: 1,5,8,12,15. How many comparisons will you require using binary search algorithm to find that 12 is at position 4 in the list.
o) What is the average complexity of binary search algorithm?
Section – B
2. What are data structures ? explain any 5 data structures .
3. Write short note on:
a. Algorithm complexity
b. Space-time trade off
4. Write an algorithm to insert and delete and element from the circular queue.
5. Use the infix to postfix conversion algorithm to convert an infix expression a+b*c(e+f*g) to postfix expression. Verify the result directly.
6. Explain the algorithm to insert a new node after a target node in the linked list.
7. Write a program, or give an algorithm to implement quick –sort algorithm.
8. Write short notes on :
a. Dynamic storage management
b. Garbage collection.
9. Write a program or give an algorithm to delete a node from the beginning of the linked list.
10. Give algorithm for the in order traversal of binary search trees using stacks .
11. Give any two differences between linear and binary search algorithm. Explain binary search algorithm in details.
12. Give insertion-sort algorithm and write down its average complexity.
13. Write an algorithm/program to implement selection sort.
Roll No……….. Total No. of Questions: 07 B.Com. (Sem.-1 st ) FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING Subject Code: BCOP-101 Paper ID: [B1101] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No......................... ... Total No. of Questions : 07] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Click Here for Syllabus of B-Tech 1st Year . http://ptu.ac.in/userfiles/file/engg_syllab/1st_and_...
Business Organisation and Management, Question Paper of B.Com 1st Semester,Download Previous Years Question Paper 2Roll No…….. Total No. of Questions: 07 B.Com (Sem.-1 st ) BUSINESS ORGANIATION AND MANAGEMENT Subject Code: BCOP-102 (2011 &a...
Roll No……. Total No. of Questions:07 B.COM (Sem.-1 st ) BUSINESS MATHEMATICS SUBJECT CODE: BCOP-104 (2011 Batch) PAPER ID: ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No. ...................... Total No. of Questions : 13] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Master Of Technology (M-Tech) Syllabus SYLLABUS FOR MASTER OF TECHNOLOGY (M-Tech) Br...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Click Downlink for Dowload of Scheme and Syllabus of B.Com. Professional Batch 2011onwards ht...
B.Sc. IT (402) (S05) / 102 (New) (Sem. - 4th) BASIC MATHEMATICS – I, Punjab Technical University, PTU, Question paperpunjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No. ................. Total No. of Questions : 13] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No . ............ Total No. of Questions : 07) ...