Monday, June 27, 2016
Total No. Of Questtions:13
Paper ID [ A0209]
DATA STRUCTURES (BCA-204)
Time : 03 Hrs.
Instruction to Candidates:
1. Section – A is Compulsory
2. Attempt any Nine questions from Section – B
SECTION – A
a. What is Big – O notation?
b. Explain the concept of space – time trade off.
c. What is recursion?
d. Write the prefix and postfix equivalent of the following infix expression: A* B+C
e. What is the difference between the ordinary and priority queues ?
f. What is the condition for the overflow in the linked lists?
g. What do you mean by the term garbage collection?
h. What is the difference between binary search tree and heaps?
i. List any two applications of trees.
j. What is the condition of overflow in the linked list?
k. What do you mean by the term “ merging of two arrays”?
l. Consider the following elements. 1,5,3,0,9,17,10,8. Calculate the position and the element where this list split into two in quick-sort algorithm.
m. Give the average complexity of linear and binary search algorithms.
n. Consider the following list: 1,5,8,12,15. How many comparisons will you require using binary search algorithm to find that 12 is at position 4 in the list.
o. What is the average complexity of heap – sort algorithm?
Section – B
2. What is the difference between data and information? Explain any 4 data structures.
3. Write short note on : A , Algorithm complexity B. Space – time trade off
4. What is the difference between stacks and queues ? give algorithm for push and pop operations of stack .
5. Give algorithm to convert infix notation to postfix notation.
6. Explain the algorithm to insert a new node at the beginning o f a linked list
7. Write a program of give an algorithm to implement heap-sort algorithm.
8. Write short notes on: A dynamic storage management B. Garbage collection.
9. Write a program of give an algorithm to delete a node from the end of the linked list.
10. Give algorithm for the pre-order traversal of binary search tree using stacks.
11. Give any two differences between linear and binary search algorithm. Explain binary search algorithm in details.
12. Give quick- sort algorithm and write down its average complexity.
13. Write an algorithm/program to implement selection sort.
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No......................... ... Total No. of Questions : 07] ...
Roll No……….. Total No. of Questions: 07 B.Com. (Sem.-1 st ) FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING Subject Code: BCOP-101 Paper ID: [B1101] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Click Here for Syllabus of B-Tech 1st Year . http://ptu.ac.in/userfiles/file/engg_syllab/1st_and_...
Business Organisation and Management, Question Paper of B.Com 1st Semester,Download Previous Years Question Paper 2Roll No…….. Total No. of Questions: 07 B.Com (Sem.-1 st ) BUSINESS ORGANIATION AND MANAGEMENT Subject Code: BCOP-102 (2011 &a...
Roll No……. Total No. of Questions:07 B.COM (Sem.-1 st ) BUSINESS MATHEMATICS SUBJECT CODE: BCOP-104 (2011 Batch) PAPER ID: ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No. ...................... Total No. of Questions : 13] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Master Of Technology (M-Tech) Syllabus SYLLABUS FOR MASTER OF TECHNOLOGY (M-Tech) Br...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Click Downlink for Dowload of Scheme and Syllabus of B.Com. Professional Batch 2011onwards ht...
B.Sc. IT (402) (S05) / 102 (New) (Sem. - 4th) BASIC MATHEMATICS – I, Punjab Technical University, PTU, Question paperpunjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No. ................. Total No. of Questions : 13] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No . ............ Total No. of Questions : 07) ...