Thursday, December 10, 2015
Roll No_________ Total no. of pages-2
Examination May – 2014
MBA – 202
Production & Operations Management
Paper ID – C0247
Time allowed: 3 hours Max. Marks: 60
Instructions for Students:
1. Section-A consists of 6 questions Students are required to attempt any 4 questions carrying 5 marks each.
2. Section-B consists of 4 units. Further each unit consists of 2 questions. Students are required to attempt one question from each unit carrying x marks each.
3. Section-C is compulsory and carries 8 marks.
(Section – A)
Write notes on any 4 of following: ( 4 x 5 =20 marks)
1. Responsibilities of Operations Manager.
2. Concept of Work Measurement
3. Capacity Planning decisions
4. Types of Production systems
5. Total Quality Management (TQM)
6. Concept of Value Analysis
(Section – B)
7. What do you mean by operations management? Discuss the contributions of Deming and Taguchi.
8. Discuss the concept of location decision. What are the factors which may affect the location decision?
9. Discuss the procedure of method study. Highlight the process chart to be used in method study also.
10. What do you understand by facility layout? Discuss the different types of layouts along with their suitability to different types of industries.
11. Define quality. Discuss the various quality characteristics of goods and services.
12. What do you understand by statistical quality control? How different control limits can be determined for mean chart and range chart?
13. What is Inventory Management? Discuss the factors affecting inventory control policy of a manufacturing entity.
14. What do you mean by Purchase management? Discuss the different methods of purchase. (4 x 8 = 32 marks)
15. ABC Co. purchases 9000 motor spare parts of its annual requirements. Ordering one month usage at a time. Each part costs Rs. 20. The ordering cost is Rs. 15 per order and carrying cost is 15% of the average inventory per year.
Being a manager you are required to:
a) Suggest a more economical purchasing policy.
b) Find the annual cost if company follows the purchasing policy suggested by you.
c) How much the new purchase policy will save for the company?
Roll No……….. Total No. of Questions: 07 B.Com. (Sem.-1 st ) FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING Subject Code: BCOP-101 Paper ID: [B1101] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No......................... ... Total No. of Questions : 07] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Click Here for Syllabus of B-Tech 1st Year . http://ptu.ac.in/userfiles/file/engg_syllab/1st_and_...
Business Organisation and Management, Question Paper of B.Com 1st Semester,Download Previous Years Question Paper 2Roll No…….. Total No. of Questions: 07 B.Com (Sem.-1 st ) BUSINESS ORGANIATION AND MANAGEMENT Subject Code: BCOP-102 (2011 &a...
Roll No……. Total No. of Questions:07 B.COM (Sem.-1 st ) BUSINESS MATHEMATICS SUBJECT CODE: BCOP-104 (2011 Batch) PAPER ID: ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No. ...................... Total No. of Questions : 13] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Master Of Technology (M-Tech) Syllabus SYLLABUS FOR MASTER OF TECHNOLOGY (M-Tech) Br...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Click Downlink for Dowload of Scheme and Syllabus of B.Com. Professional Batch 2011onwards ht...
B.Sc. IT (402) (S05) / 102 (New) (Sem. - 4th) BASIC MATHEMATICS – I, Punjab Technical University, PTU, Question paperpunjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No. ................. Total No. of Questions : 13] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No . ............ Total No. of Questions : 07) ...