Item ID #
Unit Price (Rs.)
Thursday, December 10, 2015
Total No. of Question : 15 [Total No. of Pages : 02
PRODUCTION & OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT
SUBJECT CODE: MB – 202 (2012 Batch)
Paper ID: [C0274]
Time: 3 Hours Max. Marks: 60
INSTRUCTION TO CANDIDATES:
1. SECTION-A contains SIX questions carrying FIVE marks each and students has to attempt any FOUR questions.
2. SECTION-B consists of FOUR Subsections: Unit – I, II, III, IV. Each Subsection contains TWO questions each carrying EIGHT marks.
3. SECTION-C is COMPULSORY and consist of ONE Case study carrying EIGHT marks.
1. Define Facility Location.
2. Discuss the concept of Batch production systems.
3. What do you understand by capacity planning?
4. Explain the benefits of Six Sigma.
5. What is the utility of acceptance sampling?
6. Elaborate the importance of value analysis is Production Management.
7. Discuss the need and importance of new product design and development. Explain the steps involved in new product design and development with examples.
8. Discuss the objectives of plant location. What are the various important factors to be kept in mid while deciding on a new plant location? Give examples.
9. Discuss the concept and importance of Capacity Planning. What are the factors affecting capacity planning?
10. What are the various types of plant layouts? Also discuss the problems faced while deciding on a facility layout.
11. Discuss the various types of Sampling Techniques. What are the applications of control charts? Explain with illustrations.
12. What is the importance of Total Quality Management? Discuss Deming’s 14 principles and Juran’s Quality Trilogy.
Unit - IV
13. Explain J.I.T. with illustrations. Discuss Kanban technique of Inventory Management.
14. Derive an expression for Economic Order Quantity, starting suitable assumptions. Also find the expression for total optimized costs.
(Compulsory Case Study)
15. XYZ Ltd does the ABC classification of the various components and parts it uses for assembling its tractors. As an operation manager, you are required to classify the following parts and components into A, B and C categories according to their usage values. Draw the ABC distribution curve. Item # 8 has a high critically class i.e. a shortage of this item may lead to a complete halt in the production process. What special treatment can be given to this item?
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No......................... ... Total No. of Questions : 07] ...
Roll No……….. Total No. of Questions: 07 B.Com. (Sem.-1 st ) FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING Subject Code: BCOP-101 Paper ID: [B1101] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Click Here for Syllabus of B-Tech 1st Year . http://ptu.ac.in/userfiles/file/engg_syllab/1st_and_...
Business Organisation and Management, Question Paper of B.Com 1st Semester,Download Previous Years Question Paper 2Roll No…….. Total No. of Questions: 07 B.Com (Sem.-1 st ) BUSINESS ORGANIATION AND MANAGEMENT Subject Code: BCOP-102 (2011 &a...
Roll No……. Total No. of Questions:07 B.COM (Sem.-1 st ) BUSINESS MATHEMATICS SUBJECT CODE: BCOP-104 (2011 Batch) PAPER ID: ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No. ...................... Total No. of Questions : 13] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Master Of Technology (M-Tech) Syllabus SYLLABUS FOR MASTER OF TECHNOLOGY (M-Tech) Br...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Click Downlink for Dowload of Scheme and Syllabus of B.Com. Professional Batch 2011onwards ht...
B.Sc. IT (402) (S05) / 102 (New) (Sem. - 4th) BASIC MATHEMATICS – I, Punjab Technical University, PTU, Question paperpunjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No. ................. Total No. of Questions : 13] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No . ............ Total No. of Questions : 07) ...