Tuesday, December 1, 2015
S.B Roll No………
INTRODUCTION TO LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCE
Time: 3 Hrs. Max. Marks: 75
Q1. State True or False.
i. Academic libraries are never attached to the academic institutions.
ii. Lord Curzon transformed the Calcutta Public Library into imperial library in 1996.
iii. Copyright owners can license or permanently transfer or assign their exclusive rights to others.
iv. The Madras Public Act has been renamed as Tamil Nadu Public Libraries Act.
v. IASLIC Bulletin is an annual publication.
Q2. Write short notes on any five:
i. Intellectual Property Right
ii. Indian Library Association
iii. Role of Public Libraries
iv. Knowledge Content
v. Principles of Library Science
vi. Functions of Academic Libraries
vii. When does copyright expire?
Q3. Trace the origin of National Libraries and explain their growth and development.
How do changes in the society get reflected in the expanding role of libraries?
Q4. What is meant by the term “library legislation?” Discuss some of its significant components.
“Library Associations can play an important role in library development.” Discuss in detail.
Q5. What is meant by the term copyright? Who owns a copyright? Differentiate between copyright and patent. Can a library e-mail a digital copy to another library? Discuss in detail.
Explain in detail the history and development of libraries in Indian context.
S.B. Roll No…….
LIBRARY & INFORMATION SCIENCE
Time: 3 Hrs. Max. Marks: 75
Note: Attempt all sections.
Q1. State True or False. Each question carries one mark.
1) Books in print are the important book selection tools.
2) Dr. Ranganathan had devised kardex system for recording books.
3) A functional library requires qualified professional staff.
4) Resource sharing is synonym to library cooperation.
5) Public libraries organize exhibitions & book displays through mobile vans.
6) C.A. Cutter had introduced Three Card System for libraries.
7) Library legislation should not be functional.
8) Exhibitions and book displays help in library co-operation.
9) Planning is the essential factor for library organization.
Q2. Attempt any five questions. Each question carries six marks.
1) Implications of Third Law of library science.
2) Criteria for maintaining accession register in academic libraries.
3) Location and functions of school library.
4) Role of Patents in Digital libraries.
5) Importance of national library.
6) Activities of Indian Library Association.
7) Importance of intellectual property right
8) Importance of extension activities in public libraries.
Q3. Attempt any Three questions. Each question carries twelve marks.
1) Trace the role of libraries and Information centres in modern society.
2) What is meant by IFLA? Explain its objectives and functions.
3) Define library legislation? Discuss its need and purpose.
4) What are five laws of library science? Discuss their implications for libraries.
5) What are different types of libraries? Explain their objectives and functions.
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No......................... ... Total No. of Questions : 07] ...
Roll No……….. Total No. of Questions: 07 B.Com. (Sem.-1 st ) FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING Subject Code: BCOP-101 Paper ID: [B1101] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Click Here for Syllabus of B-Tech 1st Year . http://ptu.ac.in/userfiles/file/engg_syllab/1st_and_...
Business Organisation and Management, Question Paper of B.Com 1st Semester,Download Previous Years Question Paper 2Roll No…….. Total No. of Questions: 07 B.Com (Sem.-1 st ) BUSINESS ORGANIATION AND MANAGEMENT Subject Code: BCOP-102 (2011 &a...
Roll No……. Total No. of Questions:07 B.COM (Sem.-1 st ) BUSINESS MATHEMATICS SUBJECT CODE: BCOP-104 (2011 Batch) PAPER ID: ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No. ...................... Total No. of Questions : 13] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Master Of Technology (M-Tech) Syllabus SYLLABUS FOR MASTER OF TECHNOLOGY (M-Tech) Br...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Click Downlink for Dowload of Scheme and Syllabus of B.Com. Professional Batch 2011onwards ht...
B.Sc. IT (402) (S05) / 102 (New) (Sem. - 4th) BASIC MATHEMATICS – I, Punjab Technical University, PTU, Question paperpunjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No. ................. Total No. of Questions : 13] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No . ............ Total No. of Questions : 07) ...