Friday, November 27, 2015
Total No. of Questions: 9
Paper ID [B0105]
Subject Code: MCA-105
SYSTEM ANALYSIS AND DESIGN
Time: 3 Hrs. Max. Marks: 60
Instruction to Candidates:
1. Attempt any one question from each Section A, B, C & D.
2. Section-E is Compulsory.
3. Use of Non-programmable Scientific Calculator is allowed.
1. What are the main components responsible for the cost of software production? How cost benefit analysis is done? What role does system analysis play in this?
2. What are the different software development life cycle models? Explain classical waterfall model in detail.
3. (a) Explain the relation between the Analysis and Design model of a software system.
(b) Describe the different system analysis tools for structured analysis.
4. Draw Data Flow diagrams system and corresponding data dictionary for following problem.
“Guests reserve rooms in a hotel in advance or on spot depending upon the availability. The operator would add data pertaining to the guests such as Name, arrival time, balance paid and Type of room (i.e. AC, Non AC, Deluxe, Suit). The SW should uniquely assign a token number on allotment of room. The hotel catering services manager would input the quantity and type of the food items as and when consumed by the guests along with the token number of the guest and corresponding data and time.”
5. (a) What are the main quality attributes of a good software design?
(b) What is inverted lists file organization?
6. Describe the different ways of testing the software? Differentiate between top down and bottom up approaches.
7. (a) How do you combat resistance to change the old system with the new system.
(b) What are the main qualities of a good implementation plan?
8. Describe the different phases in selection of software and hardware? How make vs buy decision are made.
9. (a) What is a system and subsystem?
(b) Define coupling.
(c) What is alpha testing?
(d) Name any two information gathering tools.
(e) What is structured English?
(f) Give any two software selection criteria.
(g) Describe any two characteristics of output interface design.
(h) What is process model?
(i) What is prototype model?
(j) What are the main attributes of decision tables?
Roll No……….. Total No. of Questions: 07 B.Com. (Sem.-1 st ) FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING Subject Code: BCOP-101 Paper ID: [B1101] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No......................... ... Total No. of Questions : 07] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Click Here for Syllabus of B-Tech 1st Year . http://ptu.ac.in/userfiles/file/engg_syllab/1st_and_...
Business Organisation and Management, Question Paper of B.Com 1st Semester,Download Previous Years Question Paper 2Roll No…….. Total No. of Questions: 07 B.Com (Sem.-1 st ) BUSINESS ORGANIATION AND MANAGEMENT Subject Code: BCOP-102 (2011 &a...
Roll No……. Total No. of Questions:07 B.COM (Sem.-1 st ) BUSINESS MATHEMATICS SUBJECT CODE: BCOP-104 (2011 Batch) PAPER ID: ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No. ...................... Total No. of Questions : 13] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Master Of Technology (M-Tech) Syllabus SYLLABUS FOR MASTER OF TECHNOLOGY (M-Tech) Br...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Click Downlink for Dowload of Scheme and Syllabus of B.Com. Professional Batch 2011onwards ht...
B.Sc. IT (402) (S05) / 102 (New) (Sem. - 4th) BASIC MATHEMATICS – I, Punjab Technical University, PTU, Question paperpunjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No. ................. Total No. of Questions : 13] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No . ............ Total No. of Questions : 07) ...