Friday, November 27, 2015
Total No. of Questions: 9
Paper ID [B0105]
SYSTEM ANALYSIS AND DESIGN (MCA-105)
Time: 3 Hrs. Max. Marks: 60
Instruction to Candidates:
1. Attempt any one question from each Section A, B, C & D.
2. Section-E is Compulsory.
3. Use of Non-programmable Scientific Calculator is allowed.
1. What is the main characteristics of large software? How feasibility study is done for these projects?
2. Which life cycle model would you follow for developing software products for each of the following applications?
(a) A well understood data processing applications.
(b) A new software product that would connect computers through satellite communication.
(c) Extremely large software connecting cellular services across the country.
(d) A new text editor.
Discuss advantages and disadvantages of each model in all case.
3. (a) How decision trees and decision tables help in problem solving in designing? Explain by taking suitable example.
(b) Describe characteristics of information gathering tools.
4. Draw Data Flow diagrams and describe data dictionary for the following problem. “The residents raise repair request of the different roads of the city. For each request, supervisor visits each road and studies the severity of the road condition. Depending upon the severity of the road condition and the type of the locality (VIP area, busy area, relatively deserted area etc.) he sets the priority of the repair work. He also estimates the requirements of the raw material of different types, types and numbers of machines, and type of numbers of the personnel required. He inputs this data to the software. Now based on this data, software schedules the repair of the road depending upon the priority of repair work and availability of the raw material, machines and personnel. The mayor of the city can request for the various road repair statistics such as the number and type of repair carried out over a period of time and the repair work outstanding at any point of the time.”
5. What are the different ways to organize the files? Explain the indexed sequential file organization in detail.
6. (a) Differentiate between Black box and white box testing?
(b) What are the main components of a Test Plan?
7. How system implementation plan is designed? Describe the role of activity network in this.
8. Describe the procedure of hardware and software selection. What are the main criteria followed?
9. Answer briefly:
(a) What are the advantages of prototyping?
(b) Define cohesion between modules.
(c) What is beta testing?
(d) Name any two structured analysis tools.
(e) Describe any two roles of a system analyst.
(f) How Make vs buy decision s are made?
(g) Describe any two characteristics of form design.
(h) List any two software development of life cycle models.
(i) What the different phases of waterfall model?
(j) What are inverted lists?
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No......................... ... Total No. of Questions : 07] ...
Roll No……….. Total No. of Questions: 07 B.Com. (Sem.-1 st ) FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING Subject Code: BCOP-101 Paper ID: [B1101] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Click Here for Syllabus of B-Tech 1st Year . http://ptu.ac.in/userfiles/file/engg_syllab/1st_and_...
Business Organisation and Management, Question Paper of B.Com 1st Semester,Download Previous Years Question Paper 2Roll No…….. Total No. of Questions: 07 B.Com (Sem.-1 st ) BUSINESS ORGANIATION AND MANAGEMENT Subject Code: BCOP-102 (2011 &a...
Roll No……. Total No. of Questions:07 B.COM (Sem.-1 st ) BUSINESS MATHEMATICS SUBJECT CODE: BCOP-104 (2011 Batch) PAPER ID: ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No. ...................... Total No. of Questions : 13] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Master Of Technology (M-Tech) Syllabus SYLLABUS FOR MASTER OF TECHNOLOGY (M-Tech) Br...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Click Downlink for Dowload of Scheme and Syllabus of B.Com. Professional Batch 2011onwards ht...
B.Sc. IT (402) (S05) / 102 (New) (Sem. - 4th) BASIC MATHEMATICS – I, Punjab Technical University, PTU, Question paperpunjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No. ................. Total No. of Questions : 13] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No . ............ Total No. of Questions : 07) ...