Saturday, November 28, 2015
Total No. of Questions: 09
RELATIONAL DATABASE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
Subject Code: PGDCA-104 (2012 Batch)
Paper ID: [B0144]
Time: 3 Hrs. Max. Marks: 60
Instruction to Candidates:
1. Section-A is Compulsory consisting of Ten questions carrying Two marks each.
2. Section-B contains Five questions carrying Five marks each and students has to attempt any Four questions.
3. Section-C contains Three questions carrying Ten marks each and students has to attempt any Two questions.
l. Write briefly :
i. Give example of SQL query for the retrieval using ANY.
ii. What do you mean by data redundancy?
iii. What are the security needs of the database?
iv. What is the difference b/w a primary & secondary key?
v. Discuss the data types available in PL/SQL.
vi. What is the difference between a schema and a sub schema?
vii. Give an example of SQL query with union operator.
viii. Define Indexing and its types.
ix. What do you mean by a relation?
x. When and why are commit and rollback used?
2) What are the three common types of data models? Explain any one of them in detail.
3) Discuss the various types of built-in functions available in ORACLE. Also name two functions of each type.
4) What is iterative control in PL/SQL? How is it achieved?
5) Explain in detail the difference between relational algebra and relational calculus.
6) Differentiate between Data Definition Language and Data Manipulation Language.
7) What are views in databases? How can views be used in implementing security of data in database systems?
8) Consider the database of a department stored as follows:
i. Employee(empno, name, address, depttno.)
ii. Deptt( dname, dept no, manager, items sold)
iii. Item(Iname, manufacturer, price, model, itemno)
iv. Manufacturer(name, address, item supplied, price)
Give an ER diagram for this database.
9) What is normalization? Explain various types of normalizations with the help of suitable examples.
Roll No……….. Total No. of Questions: 07 B.Com. (Sem.-1 st ) FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING Subject Code: BCOP-101 Paper ID: [B1101] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No......................... ... Total No. of Questions : 07] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Click Here for Syllabus of B-Tech 1st Year . http://ptu.ac.in/userfiles/file/engg_syllab/1st_and_...
Business Organisation and Management, Question Paper of B.Com 1st Semester,Download Previous Years Question Paper 2Roll No…….. Total No. of Questions: 07 B.Com (Sem.-1 st ) BUSINESS ORGANIATION AND MANAGEMENT Subject Code: BCOP-102 (2011 &a...
Roll No……. Total No. of Questions:07 B.COM (Sem.-1 st ) BUSINESS MATHEMATICS SUBJECT CODE: BCOP-104 (2011 Batch) PAPER ID: ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No. ...................... Total No. of Questions : 13] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Master Of Technology (M-Tech) Syllabus SYLLABUS FOR MASTER OF TECHNOLOGY (M-Tech) Br...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Click Downlink for Dowload of Scheme and Syllabus of B.Com. Professional Batch 2011onwards ht...
B.Sc. IT (402) (S05) / 102 (New) (Sem. - 4th) BASIC MATHEMATICS – I, Punjab Technical University, PTU, Question paperpunjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No. ................. Total No. of Questions : 13] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No . ............ Total No. of Questions : 07) ...