Saturday, November 28, 2015
Total No. of Questions: 09
COMMUNICATION AND SOFT SKILLS
Subject Code: PGDCA-105 (2012 Batch)
Paper ID: [B0145]
Time: 3 Hrs. Max. Marks: 60
Instruction to Candidates:
1. Section-A is Compulsory consisting of ten questions carrying Two marks each.
2. Section-B contains Five questions carrying Five marks each and students has to attempt any Four questions.
3. Section-C contains Three questions carrying Ten marks each and students has to attempt any Two questions.
1. Answer briefly :
a. What is the importance of communication?
b. Write a brief note on Shannon and Weaver’s model.
d. List 5 qualities of a good paragraph.
e. Write a note on use of mobile phones in the process of communication.
f. Explain the term intra-personal communication.
g. Write a note on the role of Print Media in society.
h. List the qualities of a good technical report.
i. Explain the term Yellow Journalism.
j. What is a Soap Opera? Define.
2. Write a paragraph (150 words) on anyone of the following :
a. If You Were the Prime Minister of India.
b. An imaginary Trip to the Moon.
3. Imagine that you went for an interview for the post of a computer assistant in a college. Give a brief resume of this interview.
4. Read the given passage and answer the questions that follow :
At the beginning of the nineteenth century, Stockholm was a quiet little city inhabited by well-to-do Swedish and Norwegian merchants, who controlled much of the trade between northern Europe and Russia. Behind the town, vast forests stretched far into the interior. Along the water front modern industry was beginning to take shape around shipyard engaged in constructing the naval frigates and four-masted vessels of the day.
1. Who controlled most of the trade between northern Europe and Russia?
2. Where was the modern industry taking shape?
3. Match the words in Column ‘A’ with their meanings in Column ‘B’ :
(I) Inhabited (I) disclosed
(II) Stretched (II) occupied
4. Fill in the blanks with suitable words from the passage:
(I) He was __________ to be married.
(II) She is an _________ decorator.
5. Give in simple English the meanings of any two of the following words:
(I) to take shape
5. What do you mean by Dissertation? How does it differ from a Thesis?
6. Write a brief note on Barriers to Communications.
7. Write an explanatory note on 7 C’s of communication.
8. Give some arguments for and against the Dowry System in India.
9. Make a precis of the following passage and give it a suitable
Gandhiji’s secularism meant something totally different from irreligion. He regarded all religions as true and could say with complete sincerity, ‘My veneration for others faith is same as for my own.’ Nehru’s views cannot be identified with Gandhiji. He had little patience with religion in the communal manifestation or what he called ‘organised religion’. He wrote in his Autobiography : ‘The spectacle of what is called religion, or at any rate organized religion, in India and elsewhere, has filled me with horror, and I have frequently condemned it and wished to make a clean sweep of it. Almost always it seems to stand for blind belief and reaction, dogma and bigotry, superstition and exploitation by vested interests’.
Roll No……….. Total No. of Questions: 07 B.Com. (Sem.-1 st ) FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING Subject Code: BCOP-101 Paper ID: [B1101] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No......................... ... Total No. of Questions : 07] ...
Business Organisation and Management, Question Paper of B.Com 1st Semester,Download Previous Years Question Paper 2Roll No…….. Total No. of Questions: 07 B.Com (Sem.-1 st ) BUSINESS ORGANIATION AND MANAGEMENT Subject Code: BCOP-102 (2011 &a...
2012 2nd Sem 2014 1St Sem 3rd Sem 5th Sem
Communicative English, Question Paper of B.Com 1st Semester,Download Previous Years Question Paper 3Roll No. ………………………………………………………………………………………Total No. of Questions: 05 B. Tech/ B.Com/ B. Arch (Sem.-1st/ 2nd) COMMUNICATIVE ENGLISH...
Roll No……. Total No. of Questions:07 B.COM (Sem.-1 st ) BUSINESS MATHEMATICS SUBJECT CODE: BCOP-104 (2011 Batch) PAPER ID: ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Click Here for Syllabus of B-Tech 1st Year . http://ptu.ac.in/userfiles/file/engg_syllab/1st_and_...
Roll No. -------------- Total No. of Question...
Roll No................................. B.COM (P)–2014 MICROECONOMICS Paper Code (BCOP-103) Paper ...
Roll No……. Total No. of Questions: 07 Paper ID [C0102] MBA (Sem.-1 st ) ORGANISATIONAL BEHAVIOUR (MB-102) Time: 3 Hrs. ...