Sunday, November 29, 2015
S.B Roll No. _______
APPLIED CHEMISTERY – II
2nd Exam/Common/2254 May 2011
1) 1. Fill in the blanks:
i) The naturally occurring compounds of metals know as ________
ii) Slow and continuous decay of metal by mechanical force is known as __________
iii) Protection of Fe from corrosion by cementation of Cr, is known as _________
iv) Q KJ heat is obtained by combustion of V m3 of gaseous fuel, its calorific value
v) Main hydrocarbon constituents of biogas is_________
vi) The Government of India set up _______on 1st March 2002 under the provision of
the Energy conversations Act, 2001.
vii) Cock number of lubricating oil is measure in __________
viii) Suspension of graphite in water is called as __________
ix) Pigments vanish is called __________
x) Silica (SiO2) bricks are used in lining roof of __________
State following statements is TRUE of FALSE:
xi) Chlorethense is the monomer of PVC .
xii) Natural rubber is an elastomer.
xiv) Earth’s most water is locked in the form of
ice at north and south poles.
xv) PCBS (Polychlorinated biphenyls) used as
fluid in transformation and capacitors are
less carcinogenic pollutes.
Answer any FIVE of the following:
2. a). Define smelling of concentrated ore.
b). Give the composition, one important properly an application of Nichrome.
3. a). Can we store copper sulphate solution in iron container? Give reason in either case (use standard electrode potentials of Fe and Cu -0.44V respectively).
b). Write Dulong’s formula with usual notations and calculate higher calorific value (HCV) of the coal sample containing 86% of C, 10% Hand 4% Kilocalories per kilograms.
4. a). In a Proximate analysis coal two grams of coal sample is heated to 105oC, for half an hour cooled and weighted is found to weight 1.95 then if further heated to 925oC with covered lib in muffle fumance for five minutes, then cooled found to weight 1.85g. The residue is heated strongly to obtain ash 0.100g, calculate percentage of moisture, volatile matter and ash content in the coal sample.
b) What is power alcohol?
5. a). Define fire point, viscosity and viscosity index (VI), pour point and cloud point of oil.
b). what is an enamel? Write constituents and applications of enamels.
6. a). What are semiconductors? How are these classified? Give an example and applications of each type.
b). Explain condensation polymerization using nylon as an example.
7. a). Define homopolymer and copolymer with suitable as an explain.
b). Give three main cause of water pollution.
Answer any THREE of the following:
8. a). What are the applications of geosythetic and ceramic materials?
b). Explain rusting of iron using electrochemical theory (When cathodic area> anodic area)
9. a). What is cetane number? How chemical structure of fuel the cetane number?
b). Explain total acidity, cock an aniline number of a lubricant.
10. a). Describe with neat diagram the sacrificial anodic protection of base metal iron from corrosion.
b). Differentiate between thermoplastics and thermosetting plastics.
11. a). Explain Free energy change and Ellingham diagram their usefulness and in metallurgy.
b). What are the characteristics of a good fuel?
Roll No……….. Total No. of Questions: 07 B.Com. (Sem.-1 st ) FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING Subject Code: BCOP-101 Paper ID: [B1101] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No......................... ... Total No. of Questions : 07] ...
Business Organisation and Management, Question Paper of B.Com 1st Semester,Download Previous Years Question Paper 2Roll No…….. Total No. of Questions: 07 B.Com (Sem.-1 st ) BUSINESS ORGANIATION AND MANAGEMENT Subject Code: BCOP-102 (2011 &a...
2012 2nd Sem 2014 1St Sem 3rd Sem 5th Sem
Communicative English, Question Paper of B.Com 1st Semester,Download Previous Years Question Paper 3Roll No. ………………………………………………………………………………………Total No. of Questions: 05 B. Tech/ B.Com/ B. Arch (Sem.-1st/ 2nd) COMMUNICATIVE ENGLISH...
Roll No……. Total No. of Questions:07 B.COM (Sem.-1 st ) BUSINESS MATHEMATICS SUBJECT CODE: BCOP-104 (2011 Batch) PAPER ID: ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Click Here for Syllabus of B-Tech 1st Year . http://ptu.ac.in/userfiles/file/engg_syllab/1st_and_...
Roll No. -------------- Total No. of Question...
Roll No................................. B.COM (P)–2014 MICROECONOMICS Paper Code (BCOP-103) Paper ...
Roll No……. Total No. of Questions: 07 Paper ID [C0102] MBA (Sem.-1 st ) ORGANISATIONAL BEHAVIOUR (MB-102) Time: 3 Hrs. ...