Tuesday, September 1, 2015
Total No. of Questions: 08
M.Tech. (PE) (Sem.-1st)
Subject Code: PE-504
Paper ID: [E0444]
Time: 3 Hrs. Max. Marks: 100
Instruction to Candidates:
1. Attempt any FIVE questions out of EIGHT questions.
2. Each question carry TWENTY marks.
1. (a) Explain the constant current and constant voltage characteristics of arc welding machines? Give applications of each of them.
(b) Why DC arc welding is preferred for specialized applications over AC arc welding?
2. Explain the TIG and MIG systems of arc welding with the help of neat sketches. Give specific applications of each method.
3. (a) Which are the three distinct regions of a welding arc? Discuss each one of them briefly.
(b) How does the absorption of gases by welds take place? What are the adverse effects of this phenomenon on weld quality?
4. (a) What is the principle of high energy rate welding? How is it carried out?
(b) Explain the relationship between shielding gas used and the type of metal transfer in GMAW process.
5. (a) Discuss the effect of welding parameters on weld quality in submerged arc welding process.
(b) What is electro slag welding? Give its principle, procedure and applications.
6. (a) Discuss the effect of any four alloying elements on the welding behaviour of ferrous metals.
(b) It is possible to use a centre lathe for friction welding? Give a sketch of the method proposed by you.
7. (a) What is a thyristor controlled rectifier? Give its applications and drawbacks.
(b) What is arc blow? Explain the causes and effects of arc blow on the welding process. What are the remedies available to control arc blow?
8. Write short notes on:
(a) Electron beam welding
(b) Epitaxial growth in weld metal solidification
(c) Heat affected zone
(d) Arc length regulation in mechanized welding processes.
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No......................... ... Total No. of Questions : 07] ...
Roll No……….. Total No. of Questions: 07 B.Com. (Sem.-1 st ) FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING Subject Code: BCOP-101 Paper ID: [B1101] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Click Here for Syllabus of B-Tech 1st Year . http://ptu.ac.in/userfiles/file/engg_syllab/1st_and_...
Business Organisation and Management, Question Paper of B.Com 1st Semester,Download Previous Years Question Paper 2Roll No…….. Total No. of Questions: 07 B.Com (Sem.-1 st ) BUSINESS ORGANIATION AND MANAGEMENT Subject Code: BCOP-102 (2011 &a...
Roll No……. Total No. of Questions:07 B.COM (Sem.-1 st ) BUSINESS MATHEMATICS SUBJECT CODE: BCOP-104 (2011 Batch) PAPER ID: ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No. ...................... Total No. of Questions : 13] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Master Of Technology (M-Tech) Syllabus SYLLABUS FOR MASTER OF TECHNOLOGY (M-Tech) Br...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Click Downlink for Dowload of Scheme and Syllabus of B.Com. Professional Batch 2011onwards ht...
B.Sc. IT (402) (S05) / 102 (New) (Sem. - 4th) BASIC MATHEMATICS – I, Punjab Technical University, PTU, Question paperpunjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No. ................. Total No. of Questions : 13] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No . ............ Total No. of Questions : 07) ...