Tuesday, September 1, 2015
Total No. of Questions: 08
ADVANCED COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS
Subject Code: EC-504
Paper ID: [E0564]
Time: 3 Hrs. Max. Marks: 100
Instruction to Candidate:
1. Attempt any FIVE questions out of EIGHT questions.
2. Each question carry TWENTY marks.
1. (a) Describe the functional block diagram of an electronic communication system and list some existing communication system used in everyday life.
(b) What is meant by Channel as applied to communication system? Explain different possible channels in a communication system.
2. (a) Explain the block diagram of a QPSK modulation and elaborate the relationship between bits per second and band for a QPSK system.
(b) Compute signal to quantization ratio (So/Nq) for PCM and DM system for the speech signal which has bandwidth of 3200 Hz. Assume n=2 in a code word. Comment on result.
3. (a) Describe the frame format used in SONET.
(b) Design a TDM System for 5 voice channels having bandwidth limited to 4KHz each and 1 music channel having bandwidth limited to 20KHz.
4. (a) Explain the Transmission impairments in digital communication system.
(b) Draw and Explain the architecture of GSM.
5. (a) Explain the merits of digital communication over analog communication.
(b)Explain the architecture of an optical transport network.
6. (a) List the advantages of TDMA over FDMA.
(b) What is uplink and downlink? Is there any difference between uplink and downlink frequency? Justify.
7. (a) Draw the block diagram of a satellite transmitting station and explain each block in detail.
(b) An equivalent noise bandwidth of 10 MHz and a total noise power of 0.0276 PW, determine the noise density and equivalent noise temperature.
8. Write Short note on:
(a) Transmission protocol
(b) 3G Systems
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No......................... ... Total No. of Questions : 07] ...
Roll No……….. Total No. of Questions: 07 B.Com. (Sem.-1 st ) FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING Subject Code: BCOP-101 Paper ID: [B1101] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Click Here for Syllabus of B-Tech 1st Year . http://ptu.ac.in/userfiles/file/engg_syllab/1st_and_...
Business Organisation and Management, Question Paper of B.Com 1st Semester,Download Previous Years Question Paper 2Roll No…….. Total No. of Questions: 07 B.Com (Sem.-1 st ) BUSINESS ORGANIATION AND MANAGEMENT Subject Code: BCOP-102 (2011 &a...
Roll No……. Total No. of Questions:07 B.COM (Sem.-1 st ) BUSINESS MATHEMATICS SUBJECT CODE: BCOP-104 (2011 Batch) PAPER ID: ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No. ...................... Total No. of Questions : 13] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Master Of Technology (M-Tech) Syllabus SYLLABUS FOR MASTER OF TECHNOLOGY (M-Tech) Br...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Click Downlink for Dowload of Scheme and Syllabus of B.Com. Professional Batch 2011onwards ht...
B.Sc. IT (402) (S05) / 102 (New) (Sem. - 4th) BASIC MATHEMATICS – I, Punjab Technical University, PTU, Question paperpunjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No. ................. Total No. of Questions : 13] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No . ............ Total No. of Questions : 07) ...