Wednesday, September 7, 2016
Total No. of Questions :09]
SUB.IECT CODE : CS - 2O1.
Paper ID : [CS201]
Time : 03 Hours
Instruction to Candidates:
1) Section - A is Compulsory.
2) Attempt any Four questions from Section - B.
3) Attempt any Two questions from Section - C.
Section - A
1. Choose the correct or best alternative in the following:
a. Which logic is known as universal logic ?
i. PAL logic
ii. NAND logic
iii. MUX logic
iv. Decoder logic
b. The time for which the D-input of a D-FF must not change after the clock is applied is known as
i. Hold time
ii. Set-up time
iii. Transition time
c. How many memory chips of (128 x 8) are needed to provide a memory capacity of 4096 x 16?
iv. None of these
d. In addition of two signed number, represented in 2’s complement form generates an overflow if.
i. A. B = 0
ii. A ± B=0
iii. A ± B=1
Where A is the carry in to the sign bit position and B is the carry out the sign bit position.
e. Addition of (1111)2 to a 4 bit binary number ‘A’ result:-
i. Incrementing A
ii. Addition of (F)H
iii. No change
iv. Decrementing A
f. In a microprocessor system, TRAP, HOLD, RESET pin got archived at the same time, while the processor was executing some instruction, then it will first respond to
g. Pseudo instructions are
i. Machine instructions.
ii. Logical instructions.
iii. Micro instructions.
iv. Instruction to assembler.
h. An attempt to access a location not owned by a program is called
i. Bus conflict.
ii. Address fault.
iii. page fault
iv. operating system fault
i. briefly write about 8255 chip.
j. Compare SPMD and MIMD machine.
2. A RAM chip 4096 x 9 bits has two enble lines. How many pins are needed for the integrated circuit package? Draw a block diagram and label all input and outputs pins of the RAM. What is the main feature of random access memory?
3. The Ram IC as described above is used in a microprocessor system, having 16 bit address line and 8-bit data line. Enable- 1 input is active when A and A14 bits are 0 & 1 and enable-2 input is active when A13, A12 bits are ‘X’ and ‘O’. what shall be the range of addresses that is being used by the RAM.
4. Give the comparison between & examples of hardwired control unit and micro programmed control unit.
5. What do you mean by Fetch cycle, instruction Cycle, machine cycle, interrupt acknowledgement cycle.
6. Design a CPU that meets the following specifications:
In can access 64 words of memory, each word being 8-bit long. The CPU does this by outputting a – bit address on its output pins A [5,….0] and reading in the 8-bit value from memory on inputs D [7,……0]. It has one 8-bit accumulator, 8-bit address register, 6-bit program counter, 2- bit instruction register, 8-bit data register.
The CPU must realize the following intrusion set:
Instruction instruction Code operation
ADD 00AAAAAA AC←AC+M[AAAAAA]
AND 01AAAAAA AC←AC M[AAAAAA]
JMP 10AAAAAA GO TO AAAAAA
INC 11 xxxxxx AC←AC +1
a. What do you mean by software & hardware interrupts? How these are used in a microprocessor system?
b. What are the reasons of pipe-line conflicts in a pipe lined processor?
How are they resolved?
8. Draw the block diagram of 8251 and transfer data from CPU to peripheral device at 9600 baud, 2 stop bits, even parity. Store 256 bytes of data at memory location my location
9. What do you mean by initialization of DMA controller? How DMA controller works? Explain with suitable block diagram.
Roll No……….. Total No. of Questions: 07 B.Com. (Sem.-1 st ) FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING Subject Code: BCOP-101 Paper ID: [B1101] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No......................... ... Total No. of Questions : 07] ...
Business Organisation and Management, Question Paper of B.Com 1st Semester,Download Previous Years Question Paper 2Roll No…….. Total No. of Questions: 07 B.Com (Sem.-1 st ) BUSINESS ORGANIATION AND MANAGEMENT Subject Code: BCOP-102 (2011 &a...
Communicative English, Question Paper of B.Com 1st Semester,Download Previous Years Question Paper 3Roll No. ………………………………………………………………………………………Total No. of Questions: 05 B. Tech/ B.Com/ B. Arch (Sem.-1st/ 2nd) COMMUNICATIVE ENGLISH...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Click Here for Syllabus of B-Tech 1st Year . http://ptu.ac.in/userfiles/file/engg_syllab/1st_and_...
Roll No……. Total No. of Questions:07 B.COM (Sem.-1 st ) BUSINESS MATHEMATICS SUBJECT CODE: BCOP-104 (2011 Batch) PAPER ID: ...
Roll No. -------------- Total No. of Question...
2012 2nd Sem 2014 1St Sem 3rd Sem 5th Sem
Roll No................................. B.COM (P)–2014 MICROECONOMICS Paper Code (BCOP-103) Paper ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No. ...................... Total No. of Questions : 13] ...