Tuesday, September 6, 2016
SB. Roll No. ................
Duration : 3 Hrs.
1. Fill in the blanks
a. _______ is the branch of mechanics which deals with bodies in motion.
b. Acceleration is a ___ quantity.
c. The parallelogram law of forces can be applied to find the resultant of _____ copular forces.
d. Moment of a force = __________ x moment arm.
e. Centroid is a term used for bodies having _______ only
f. The force of friction acts ________ to the contacting surfaces.
g. Efficiency _________ as the load decreases.
Note : Attempt any six parts.
Chose the correct one
I. Engineering mechanics deals mainly with
a. Semi solids
b. Deformable solids
c. Rigid bodies
d. None of these
II. Kinematics is the branch of
d. None of these
III. For a force system, equilibrant force is
a. Parallel to resultant force
b. Perpendicular to resultant force
c. In the line of action of resultant force but in opposite direction
d. Done of the above
IV. The conditions of equilibrium for coplanar non concurrent force are
a. ƩH= ƩV=0
b. ƩH=0 ƩM=0
c. ƩV=0 ƩM=0
d. ƩH=0 ƩM=0
V. Centroid of semicircle lies at the distance of ___ form the base where R is the radius
VI. Frictional force (F) has the following relation with the normal reaction (R) between the two surface in contact
a. F = µR
b. F = µ2R
c. F = µ/R
VII. The relation for maximum mechanical advantage is given by
d. M2. D
Note : Attempt any five questions
a. Define and explain the parallelogram law of force.
b. State lami’s theorem.
c. Define varignon’s theorem of moments.
d. Where does the centre gravity of following bodies lie?
a. Hemisphere - right circular cone - sphere
e. Explain the difference between co – efficient of friction and angle of friction.
f. Differentiate between reversible and irreversible machine and give necessary condition for them.
Note : Attempt any there questions
2. The forces of 2N , 3N 4N, 5N and 6N are acting at one of the angular points of a regular hexagon towards the other five angular points taken in order. Find the magnitude and direction of the resultant force.
3. A uniform beam weighing 60N is 6 m long. If weights of 40N and 50N are suspended from its ends, at what point must the beam be supported so that it may remains horizontal.
4. Find the position of Centroid of an unequal angle section 100 x 75 x 8 mm with its longer leg vertical.
5. In a lifting machine a load of 60 N is moved through a distance 5 cm by an effort p moving a distance of 80 cm. Find the value of p if the efficiency of machine is 65 %
6. A bock resting on a rough inclined plane whose inclination with the horizontal is 20*. The minimum force parallel to plane required just to move the block up the plane is 10N . if the coefficient of friction between the block and the plane is 0.23 fine the weight of block.
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No......................... ... Total No. of Questions : 07] ...
Roll No……….. Total No. of Questions: 07 B.Com. (Sem.-1 st ) FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING Subject Code: BCOP-101 Paper ID: [B1101] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Click Here for Syllabus of B-Tech 1st Year . http://ptu.ac.in/userfiles/file/engg_syllab/1st_and_...
Business Organisation and Management, Question Paper of B.Com 1st Semester,Download Previous Years Question Paper 2Roll No…….. Total No. of Questions: 07 B.Com (Sem.-1 st ) BUSINESS ORGANIATION AND MANAGEMENT Subject Code: BCOP-102 (2011 &a...
Roll No……. Total No. of Questions:07 B.COM (Sem.-1 st ) BUSINESS MATHEMATICS SUBJECT CODE: BCOP-104 (2011 Batch) PAPER ID: ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No. ...................... Total No. of Questions : 13] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Master Of Technology (M-Tech) Syllabus SYLLABUS FOR MASTER OF TECHNOLOGY (M-Tech) Br...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Click Downlink for Dowload of Scheme and Syllabus of B.Com. Professional Batch 2011onwards ht...
B.Sc. IT (402) (S05) / 102 (New) (Sem. - 4th) BASIC MATHEMATICS – I, Punjab Technical University, PTU, Question paperpunjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No. ................. Total No. of Questions : 13] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No . ............ Total No. of Questions : 07) ...