Tuesday, August 30, 2016
Total no. of Questions:09]
SUBJECT CODE: BTAE-306
Instruction to Candidates:
INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATE:
1. SECTION-A is compulsory consisting of Ten question carrying Two marks each.
2. SECTION-B contains FIVE questions carrying Five marks each and students has to attempt any four questions.
3. SECTION –C contains Three questions carrying Ten marks each and students has to attempt any Two questions.
1. Write briefly :
a. What do you mean by the term caulking?
b. Acme thread is combination of ........... and ............ type of thread.
c. Name any two ways of locking the nuts on bolts.
d. What is the use of Union pipe joint in a piping circuit?
e. Draw the symbols for the following welded joints along with the illustrations.
i) Single V-Butt Weld
ii) Square Weld
f. Name any two types of pipe joints.
g. What material is preferred for brasses in Plummer Block and why?
h. Name two parts rotating parts in an IC engine.
i. What is the function of steam stop valve?
j. Which type of thread is used in Screw jack applications and why?
2. Draw free hand proportionate neat sketches for the following :
a. Rag Foundation Bolt.
b. Use of lock nut for locking.
3. Draw Plan of triple riveted lap joint (zigzag type) for connecting two
plates of thickness 9 mm. Use appropriate empirical relations and show
at least 2 rivet heads along each row of rivets. Use Pan head rivets in the
4. Figure 1 shows details of Gib and cotter Joint for square rods. Assemble
the parts and draw the front view of the given assembly.
5. Figure 2 shows the upper half sectional front view of socket and spigot
type pipe joint. Draw the full sectional front view of assembly.
6. Figure 3 shows the details of Oldham’s Coupling. Assemble the given
parts and draw the side view of the assembly looking in the direction of
arrow. Assume D = 30 mm.
7. Figure 4 shows the partial details of Plummer Block. Assemble the given
components and draw the full sectional front view of assembly.
8. Figure 5 shows the details of Crane Hook. Assemble the given components and draw the front view of assembly. Hook details up to section marked as c-c may be shown in the assembly.
9. Figure 6 shows the partial details of 50 mm steam stop valve. Assemble
the given components and draw the full sectional front view of assembly.
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No......................... ... Total No. of Questions : 07] ...
Roll No……….. Total No. of Questions: 07 B.Com. (Sem.-1 st ) FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING Subject Code: BCOP-101 Paper ID: [B1101] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Click Here for Syllabus of B-Tech 1st Year . http://ptu.ac.in/userfiles/file/engg_syllab/1st_and_...
Business Organisation and Management, Question Paper of B.Com 1st Semester,Download Previous Years Question Paper 2Roll No…….. Total No. of Questions: 07 B.Com (Sem.-1 st ) BUSINESS ORGANIATION AND MANAGEMENT Subject Code: BCOP-102 (2011 &a...
Roll No……. Total No. of Questions:07 B.COM (Sem.-1 st ) BUSINESS MATHEMATICS SUBJECT CODE: BCOP-104 (2011 Batch) PAPER ID: ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No. ...................... Total No. of Questions : 13] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Master Of Technology (M-Tech) Syllabus SYLLABUS FOR MASTER OF TECHNOLOGY (M-Tech) Br...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Click Downlink for Dowload of Scheme and Syllabus of B.Com. Professional Batch 2011onwards ht...
B.Sc. IT (402) (S05) / 102 (New) (Sem. - 4th) BASIC MATHEMATICS – I, Punjab Technical University, PTU, Question paperpunjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No. ................. Total No. of Questions : 13] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No . ............ Total No. of Questions : 07) ...