Monday, August 29, 2016
Total no. of Questions:09]
SUBJECT CODE: AE-205
Instruction to Candidates:
1) Section – A is Compulsory.
2) Attempt any four question from section-B.
3) Attempt any Two questions form section –C.
Section – A
a. What is meant by term fuel? What are its constituents?
b. Define compound.
c. Define degree of reaction.
d. What do you understand by term ‘slip factor’
e. Write the difference between heat transfer and thermodynamics.
f. Define the overall heat transfer co-efficient.
g. Discuss the importance of heat exchanger for industrial use.
h. State and explain the Dalton’s law of partial pressure.
i. What are the essential properties of good refrigerant?
j. Differentiate between primary and secondary refrigerant.
2. Define and explain Gross and Net calorific value of fuels.
3. Sketch and explain use of Orsat apparatus used in determining the percentage of flue or exhaust gases. Does it help in controlling combustion?
4. Describe with a neat sketch, the working of vane blower compressor and show its p-v diagram. For what applications ,it is used.
5. Define the following:
a. Specific humidity
b. Absolute humidity
c. Relative humidity
d. Dew point temperature
6. Classify heat exchanger & discuss their elements.
7. A blast furnace gas has the following volumetric composition:
CO2=11% CO=27% H2=2% and N2=60%. Find the theoretical volume of air required for the complete combustion of 1 m3 of gas. Find the percentage composition of dry flue gas by volume. Assume that air contains 21% of O2 and 79% of N2 by volume.
8. Draw p-v and T-s diagram for a single stage reciprocating air compressor, without clearance. Derive the expression for the work done when compression is (a) Isothermal, and (b) isentropic.
9. Explain and show the following processes on psychometric chart:
a. Cooling and dehumidification
b. Heating and humidification
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No......................... ... Total No. of Questions : 07] ...
Roll No……….. Total No. of Questions: 07 B.Com. (Sem.-1 st ) FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING Subject Code: BCOP-101 Paper ID: [B1101] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Click Here for Syllabus of B-Tech 1st Year . http://ptu.ac.in/userfiles/file/engg_syllab/1st_and_...
Business Organisation and Management, Question Paper of B.Com 1st Semester,Download Previous Years Question Paper 2Roll No…….. Total No. of Questions: 07 B.Com (Sem.-1 st ) BUSINESS ORGANIATION AND MANAGEMENT Subject Code: BCOP-102 (2011 &a...
Roll No……. Total No. of Questions:07 B.COM (Sem.-1 st ) BUSINESS MATHEMATICS SUBJECT CODE: BCOP-104 (2011 Batch) PAPER ID: ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No. ...................... Total No. of Questions : 13] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Master Of Technology (M-Tech) Syllabus SYLLABUS FOR MASTER OF TECHNOLOGY (M-Tech) Br...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Click Downlink for Dowload of Scheme and Syllabus of B.Com. Professional Batch 2011onwards ht...
B.Sc. IT (402) (S05) / 102 (New) (Sem. - 4th) BASIC MATHEMATICS – I, Punjab Technical University, PTU, Question paperpunjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No. ................. Total No. of Questions : 13] ...
punjabtechnicaluniversity.blogspot.in Roll No . ............ Total No. of Questions : 07) ...